Happy Birthday

sayjann

SOOK SAHN WAHN GERT - hard to get that wrong. :)

However, the modern Thai greeting seems to be Happy Bur Day!

Then you sing along like an absolute retard:

Happy Bur Day To You.

Happy Bur Day To You.

Happy Bur Day,

Happy Bur Day.

Happy Bur Day To You!

(This is followed by insane giggling.)

hard to get wrong.....this is sayjann your talking to.

i don't really know any long thai phrase/sentences but i do know the polite words(yes,no,thank-you,please,hello, goodbye,you are ugly,you are fat,i give you 50bt for bj etc)they are etched in my memory.

after all they like to try and speak english as they encounter it everyday and as i'm lazy that's fine by me.

as a tourist i would'nt be able to have a conversation in thai so not really worth learning.

that's why far easier for me to have a local with me if i need to get into any long dicussions.

it's just that a really good friend has a birthday on xmas eve and i thought it would be nice to attempt to wish her happy birthday in thai.

she's up for a 3some with my gal and as they are great friends i thought it might make for a present for her....AND ME..... :hubbahubba::xmsgrin::tuxedo::sex:

i suppose this thread is silly really as i will be able to ask locals the same question beforehand.

but all help is appreciated.

Flash has just told you what it is! :doah:

I haven't lived in LOS for 12 years now yet I don't even have to think about how to say happy birthday.

Look at Flash's post, first line, it's there!

yes i know how I would pronounce it looking at the phrase,does'nt mean it would sound anything like it should.

Archived