Taxi From Airport To Sukhumvit

cosspital

You must have gone way up Suk from the expressway. Nana Hotel is about 280 + 50 baht stud fee plus about 80 baht for expressway tolls.

Screw it - I'm so happy to get out of the cab alive I just hand 'em a 500-baht note and sprint into the arms of hotel reception. :clown:

Interestingly, I drive a much harder bargain on the return trip. :eek:

I gotta say, I will never understand all the bitches saying they're having trouble with taxis in Bangkok.

I have almost nothing but good things to say about BKK taxi drivers. My bad experiences in 12 years, I can count on one hand.

I'm thinkin' maybe...just MAYBE...the problems reported have to do with the fact that the farang bitches involved CAN'T SPEAK A GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING WORD OF THAI, despite often having lived there for 8-10 years...

jesus motherFUCKING christmas, motherfuckers...if you're gonna live in a country, learn the goddamn motherfucking language!!!

I suspect that the same lame-ass white bitches that live in Thailand REFUSING to learn the local language are those FUCKS who, in their own bitch-ass country, scream the loudest against all the "lazy immigrants" who "refuse to learn the local language" blahblahblah fucking motherfucking blaaaaaah...

seriously, I know bitches who report not one...not two...not three...but even MORE interactions with BKK taxi drivers where, via misunderstandings on the part of the farang BITCH...or, yes, sometimes on the part of a scam-seeking, cheating taxi driver, the farang passenger perceives (wrongly or rightly!!!) that his driver is seeking to scam him in some way by taking the dreaded LONG WAY TO HIS DESTINATION, and said "interaction" ends in the farang bitch summarily exiting the taxi and slamming the door (or, even worse--take note, farang hothead fucks--LEAVING THE DOOR OF THE TAXI OPEN UPON EXITING....

such scenarios inevitably result in the taxi driver in question PUNCHING THE BITCH FARANG....and, hey, c'mon, can you blame them???

like I said, I show nothing but respect for BKK taxi drivers, IN THAI (or Lao, or Khmer), and 98.9% of the time, I receive same in return...

Wow - clearly someone woke up on the wrong side of a fat chick this morning .... :neener:

Ratchada, I take your point, but I've spent a total of 12 months in Thailand over the last decade, so I'm not one of those motherfucking bitches - I'm just a lazy sex tourist who pays way too much and doesn't understand Thai people. Have a nice day, or whatever you can salvage after having an aneurism. :stirthepo

Hi,

While I agree that most of the taxi drivers are very decent people and it is rare to have bad experiences, they DO happen. And trust me, my Thai is most definitely good enough to explain where I need to go :)

Most of the bad experiences though seem to occur when taking a taxi in a tourist area or during rush hour / heavy rain when the driver doesn't want to go where I want to go. No amount of fluency in Thai will change the outcome of such encounters though.

Sanuk!

I don't think that I have had any worse service than has been handed out to locals, especially in rush hour / rain as KS points out.

Having lived in the same district of Bangkok for well over a decade and also driving here I am well aware of many of the sub soi's etc that whilst maybe an extra KM on the meter certainly bypass major traffic jams and work out quicker and cheaper. I have had many discussion with Taxi drivers about using alternative routes and the most common reply is that for many farangs if they are not on Silom / Sathorn / Rama IV / Sukhumvit etc they think the driver is trying to fleece them.

Fuel costs in Thailand have more than doubled in the last 6 years yet the only increase in Taxi fares has been a slight reduction on distance travelled on initial 35 THB flag drop fee before meter starts clicking up. I for one will never knock Bangkok taxi services, in all walks of life there will be the occasional rogue but on a whole I find the service reliable and inexpensive.

Archived