Photo Contest - October 2011

khunsanuk

Hi,

The photos for the October photo contest have been uploaded. You can find them here:

http://t2.thai360.com/index.php?/gallery/album/8-october-2011/

We also still need to make a decision on how to vote for this. Options I see as possible are:

1 I create a poll to vote for entries, members vote for their favorite

2 I create a poll to vote for entries, members rate each of the photos on a scale of 1-5

3 We use the rating system in the gallery, members rate each of the photos on a scale of 1-5

Thoughts / preferences?

Sanuk!

Hi,

The photos for the October photo contest have been uploaded. You can find them here:

http://t2.thai360.com/index.php?/gallery/album/8-october-2011/

We also still need to make a decision on how to vote for this. Options I see as possible are:

1 I create a poll to vote for entries, members vote for their favorite

2 I create a poll to vote for entries, members rate each of the photos on a scale of 1-5

3 We use the rating system in the gallery, members rate each of the photos on a scale of 1-5

Thoughts / preferences?

Sanuk!

I like the rating option, if you vote for one picture, you have to rate all of max of 5, one pic 5 points, 1 four points etc?

I would go for option 1 vote for favourite only. Who wants to sit and rank 15 pics (this months input) let alone 30 or 40 if the contest drew more attention.

If not too difficult software wise, a fairer / easier voting system maybe for members to rank their top 5 on a scale 5-1 leaving the other pics with a default ranking of zero.

Hi,

Mekong, good point on the number of pics.

Your suggestion of giving your top 5 points sounds good, but I don't think I can see how many votes were given to a photo so we'd end up with averages. Only way I can see that one work is for people to PM me their votes and I add them up. Bit time consuming.

Would this work though:

5 polls (i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd..), each listing all the entries, members pick one pic from each polls.

Would still be a problem for large amount of entries though.

Sanuk!

Hi,

No, don't think so.

One picture gets a 5 from one user, another pic gets a 4 from 3 people. If using averages the first pic would win, but we'd really need to add a zero for every person who voted in the poll, but didn't select that picture. The picture that should win is the one with the highest number of points, not the highest average.

(Hope that makes sense, not really sure how to exlain this correctly)

Assume 3 people voted on 5 pics like this:

Pic 1: 5 - -

Pic 2: 4 3 4

Pic 3: - 5 3

Pic 4: 3 - 5

Pic 5: - 4 -

If we just look at the average the software would give, Pic 1 would have an average of 5 points (only 1 vote), but if we include the 'non' votes from the other 2 people as 0 points per vote, it's average drops to 1.67, which would place it well below Pic 2 with an average of 3.67

Sanuk!

I'd suggest make it as simple as possible, to avoid people thinking "fuck it" and moving on... with option 2 or 3 (rating 1-5 all pics) is there an option for members to vote for as many or as few as they like? This way, people who want to score each and every pic can, and people who for eg want to vote 5 for their favourite, then 4, 3 etc only voting for 5 pics...

Can't remember how we did it last time, but pretty sure it was relatively simple

Archived