Flood?

radioman

Hi,

The Criminal Court isn't that far from me either, although I think I am likely in the other direction from Flashermac. The floods last night in the area here were just rain related I think. My soi flooded as well (about 5cm), but within 30min all the water was gone again.

Sanuk!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yup definitely a major difference between the common ~30min rain floods & weeks inundated with flood water!

again not all journalists seem to even make thios distinction lol ^^

so far so good bkk still standing :beer:

They should pump the excess water up here.Our rivers and reservoirs in Southern England are nearly dry!

They should pump the excess water up here.Our rivers and reservoirs in Southern England are nearly dry!

i'm a bit confused.

i've seen maps posted on this board showing the areas which are flooded or at high risk and i'm curious about phuket.

i saw somewhere that phuket is listed as high-risk but i'm getting conflicting reports from 2 thai girls working there.

both say now very hot but 1 says little rain and no sign of major flooding and the other says much rain and much flooding.... :confused:

both have good english language skills when speaking but i think they have a problem with e-mails and the questions i have asked.

but they both live in the same house,work in the same bar so conflicting stories is bugging me.

asked 1 of them what the conditions are like in her hometown of roi-et and she just kinda misunderstood and went on about 'i not go home/work hard/no customer/no money' etc,but no answer to my question....

trying to get in touch with an english friend of mine to find out what the situation is but so far no luck.

but i can't help thinking it's my fault....

my visit in 2010 co-incided with the chaos caused by the volcanic ash saga and the troubles between the reds and yellowa.

some doubt wether i would even get to LOS but thankfully i did but then restricted in Bkk with curfews and areas sort of closed/no skytrain etc.

never been to LOS in december and is it still part of the monsoon season?.

Phuket has no flooding and nor does Ao Nang/Krabi. Up until last Monday it had been raining very heavily in this area, and this caused some minor landslips. But from about Tuesday, it's been hot and with little rain - and definitely no sign of flooding.

Bear in mind that a lot of the flooding in central Thailand/Bangkok, is coming from the rivers that pass through the area.

Simon (In Ao Nang and Phuket)

Phuket has no flooding and nor does Ao Nang/Krabi. Up until last Monday it had been raining very heavily in this area, and this caused some minor landslips. But from about Tuesday, it's been hot and with little rain - and definitely no sign of flooding.

Bear in mind that a lot of the flooding in central Thailand/Bangkok, is coming from the rivers that pass through the area.

Simon (In Ao Nang and Phuket)

i thought that was likely to be the case.

i've been on various parts of phuket after a fierce downpour or a hours light rain and roads did get covered in a few inches of water and maybe that's classed by some as 'flooding'?.

i've walked 5 minutes back to my hotel whilst raining and the roads certainly retained a low level of water which looked worse due to the high kerbs.

Archived