Flood?

radioman

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

flasher,

ok if you dont wanna move then dont complain about it being dry or boring with everything functioning!

currently I hear more and more stories about official and not so official evacuations of various suburbs particularly the northern like rangsit...

also plenty of reports of inner bkk areas flooded from temporary to weeks!

what we see in the news I'm afraid is the tip of the iceberg 'watered down' probably :p

I'm in UK today, just flew back at the company's expense to do an emergency passport renewal (air miles at least) and will be heading home tonight. Just got of the phone with the yf and looks like Muang Ake estate is still dry and the back access road still working but Paholyothin Road down to Zeer now under water. Hoping to get home tomorrow afternoon and will just hunker down if it looks to be getting bad. House is 2.5m above grade with big run off behind so hopefully okay. Trying to think how we can protect the cars which are at about 2m above grade if it gets that far. So far thinking that a couple of the big car covers sold in Lotus, Big C etc but turned upside down. Drive the car on and wrap it from below. Not sure how waterproof they are but hopefully better than nothing.

Hi,

"So far thinking that a couple of the big car covers sold in Lotus, Big C etc but turned upside down. Drive the car on and wrap it from below."

My wife mentioned something similar last night. Seems this was suggested on TV. Like you I have no idea how effective it is, but guess it can't hurt.

Hoping it won't come to it, esp since I live in a 1-story house :(

Sanuk!

Hi,

"So far thinking that a couple of the big car covers sold in Lotus, Big C etc but turned upside down. Drive the car on and wrap it from below."

My wife mentioned something similar last night. Seems this was suggested on TV. Like you I have no idea how effective it is, but guess it can't hurt.

Hoping it won't come to it, esp since I live in a 1-story house :(

Sanuk!

You should seriously consider it KS.

A government that admits the situation is out of control. And is acting like a lame Duck.

Everywhere where they put sandbags so far it has broken at one point or the other.

A 3 meter high sandbag wall is supposed to be our defense (being build now). 3 meters can you imagine the waterpressure against such a wall! And this 3 meters is on top of a road that was build as a 3 meter dyke. So it is 6 meters of waters pressuring up against such a construction :( ...... I am really pessimistic about such a construction holding it. I would be very happy if it did though.

But these are the facts of last night:

*Airforce has evacuated its planes from Don Meuang. Where the FROC is.

*An urgent message on Twitter asking for 1000 volunteers to help protect Suvarnabhumi (which is supposed to have the best flood defence in the country! Why the volunteers??)

*Thai airways saying it is considering using Utapao.

And today the icing on the cake ...... Government admits the situation is out of control.

Now all of this starts getting me slightly worried!

Archived