Flood?

radioman

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

more pics. i think some recent/new & from bkk - particularly like the 'sun bathing' girl & water skiing lol ;)

http://www.pantip.com/cafe/news/topic/NE11230490/NE11230490.html

Nice pics. Liked the one of the 2 mopeds suspended above the flood water by ropes from a tree to keep them dry.

PS

Heard reports today of flooding on Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd in BKK. There's a small nuclear research reactor on that road, in Ladyao, Chatuchak, operated by the Thailand Institute of Nuclear Tecnology (TINT).

Hope they can maintain power for cooling as well as keeping things dry should the waters reach there...

<< Bangkok governor MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra said the water level in the Chao Phraya River yesterday reached a record high, rising to between 2.35 and 2.4 metres above sea level.

If the water level continues to rise at this rate, the Chao Phraya will surge up to 2.6m high this weekend whereas the embankment along the river is 2.5m high.

He said riverside communities are urged to be on full alert and prepare for evacuation. Evacuation centres have been arranged at all 50 district offices.

"The high water level in the Chao Phraya River is unprecedented," MR Sukhumbhand said. >>

Bankok Post

Has anyone predicted the peak? i.e. when will it start to fall?

I'm due on Nov 2 and I am having second thoughts.

Weather forecast says rain again this weekend, then ceasing on Tuesday (Nov 1) for several days. And thank fucking god if that's the case.

Arriving Nov 11. Also second thoughts.

Coss said:

Has anyone predicted the peak? i.e. when will it start to fall?

I'm due on Nov 2 and I am having second thoughts.

Weather forecast says rain again this weekend, then ceasing on Tuesday (Nov 1) for several days. And thank fucking god if that's the case.

Arriving Nov 11. Also second thoughts.

Arriving Nov 6th, having 2nd thoughts only about staying in Bangkok, may have to go to Pattaya directly - if there are any rooms left.. :confused:

Archived