Flood?

radioman

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know there are many boardmembers who live in bangkok and are obviously following developments very carefully.

but how many are concerned about what will happen if things do get worse?.

do you think it will affect your dwellings/extended families dwellings/your ability to get supplies?.

employers in the uk would still expect workers to get to work despite problems like this.

i remember last year 2 work collegues of mine were delayed in singapore due to the volcanic ash situation.

both were about 4-5 days late in returning to work and were hauled up in front of a panel to explain their abscence from work.

despite ringing up their place of employment every day and explaining no flights and they were stranded they were found guilty of not doing more themselves to find an alternative route home.... :closemouth:

their work records were then stamped with a black mark and given a final warning........... :cussing:

so what's the situation in bangkok?,are employees expected to get to work no matter what?.

I live in Rangsit, Muang Ake. This became isolated last weekend as Vihavadhi road started to fill with water, just as I was leaving to go to work, in Korea. My wife is home with our 2 children though watching the situation very closely. In the last 24 hours the Lakhok flood barrier has started to breakdown and water is flowing into the estate both from this and from Klong Prem. There was water in our street this morning, about 10cm and it is pretty much the same tonight as I write this. The warnings are that we will get more, much more, anything from 2 - 2.5 metres total. Now it just so happens that our house sits on a slope and the road is 2.5 metres below our lowest access point. Both our cars are on the driveway at the top of the slope and in big plastic bags sealed as best we could. As the water increases we are natuarlly getting more concerned, the risks are many, and varied. Right now food at home is plentiful but if the electricity goes off everything changes. Then it will be time to go, but where? Getting out itself could be difficult and may mean I need to leave my job here and take the lead. My employer knows this and - I believe - understands why this would be vital should I decide to go. I'm confident there would be no backlash despite my having a very full calendar between now and the end of the year.

Why has my wife not already left with the children? One of the reasons is the widespread property invasions and thefts occurring in deserted neighbourhoods. This is not being reported but according to local hearsay 4 very large vacated properties in Muang Ake were subject to thefts just last night.

Will she have to leave? Very possibly and if I need to go and help I will, work commitments or not.

P.S. If any one has a boat to rent do let me know.

worrying thoughts radioman.

i do think of members on this board and obviously the thai population who are maybe/have experienced difficulties....best wishes to all...... :grinyes:

thinking of your cats.

been heavy rain off and on in my part of the UK the last couple of days and my cats have basically refused to go out of the house.

an inch or so of rain outside the catflap but they must go out and do their business when needed i assume.

but mine like the house and not that interested in going for a walk each day,but i imagine it's difficult for an animal used to being out all the time.

i know there are many boardmembers who live in bangkok and are obviously following developments very carefully.

but how many are concerned about what will happen if things do get worse?.

do you think it will affect your dwellings/extended families dwellings/your ability to get supplies?.

Life as normal Chez 'Kong, stayed bone dry at the last high tide, plenty of fresh food in Local market all roadside food stands operating as normal, drinking water delivered to local convenience stores, taxi's motor cys's and Song Taew as usual etc. Probably pop out to Patpong tonight.

Two more high tides to go and if we do get floods it will probably only reach curb height and be gone within a couple of hours which is on par with a torrential downpour so no concerns at all.

The soon to be ex-wife's house is under 1.5 Meter and Rising in Lam Lu Ka and I don't give a Shit :spin: :spin:

The soon to be ex-wife's house is under 1.5 Meter and Rising in Lam Lu Ka and I don't give a Shit

I love it. I can see from that you've still got an awful lot of love and feelings for her.

I can see from your words that you're very concerned and filling up with anxiety, worry and if we could see you, probably a tear or two in your eyes.

I won't even try and contact you by 'phone as you're probably in constant contact with her, worrying about her welfare etc.

Don't worry I'm sure we here on this forum feel for you at this sad time in your life.

It'll be all over soon and you'll be free, once more, from those anxieties.

Keep your chin up and don't worry too much. :elephant:

varied and interesting reports from the ground. thanks guys. obviously content of such reports very much depend on ones residence location (protected bkk proper or 'sacrificed' suburbs/provinces) coupled with everyday wanderings.

how about KS? all still ok at your moo ban? good luck all ^^

Archived