Flood?

radioman

Was there a near civil war, shooting, looting, for life displaced persons as it was around Katrina (and the trouble and its wake still persists)?

Thais, as much of Asia are risilent, mercantile and they rebuild their lives with no outsiders help. A self-healing society, like it or not.

Imagine this hell of a disaster in America and you would guess who copes better.

It already happened in the USA in 1993.

My link

From May through September of 1993, major and/or record flooding occurred across North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, and Illinois. Fifty flood deaths occurred, and damages approached $15 billion. Hundreds of levees failed along the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers.The magnitude and severity of this flood event was simply over-whelming, and it ranks as one of the greatest natural disasters ever to hit the United States. Approximately 600 river forecast points in the Midwestern United States were above flood stage at the same time. Nearly 150 major rivers and tributaries were affected. It was certainly the largest and most significant flood event ever to occur ...

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine this hell of a disaster in America and you would guess who copes better.

I dont know - things like this can bring out the best in some and the worst in others. The first reports that came in during the Queensland floods were of people risking their own lives to save others - said reports were followed closely by reports of looters breaking into flooded homes and shops. You just have to wonder at the mindset of someone who keeps a boat handy to 'capitalise' on tragedy like that. Some really sad fucks in our society, but every country seems to have people like that.

I dont know - things like this can bring out the best in some and the worst in others. The first reports that came in during the Queensland floods were of people risking their own lives to save others - said reports were followed closely by reports of looters breaking into flooded homes and shops. You just have to wonder at the mindset of someone who keeps a boat handy to 'capitalise' on tragedy like that. Some really sad fucks in our society, but every country seems to have people like that.

In Japan the three fold catastrophe (the biggest earth quake since over 1.000 years, the Tsunami and Fukushima) brought out the best in the people. No violence, nearly no robberies nor theft...

Especially the small villages reorganized themselves within 24 hours, as I know from a Japanese friend whose village was erased by the Tsunami.

Hi,

And then compare that to here :(

Mobs fighting over dams, politicians using the flood for political gain, price gouching, theft, etc

Sure, a lot of good is done as well, but it is sad to see all the bad shit.

Sanuk!

What you are saying I have acknowledged but still. Can you imagine things like "New Orleans wants its people back" 1 year from now in Thai flood affected areas?

Like they will never come back? No workforce. People expecting something from someone (from the government) and staying and sitting idle wherever they had been evacuated to.

Thais, as most of Asian nations, they are more like ants: they will rebuild whatever someone (nature) has thrown at them or kicked down.

"The worst flood in 50 years"? How did they come to make the place many of us worship or dream of being at?

Who remembers those half century old floods, without media and google most of us would not ever know about the previous floods.

If you believe the worst of the climate change predictions, the next 'worst flood in half a century' is only a couple of years away ....

It's common knowledge, that the weather is becoming more radical around the world. Floods, Taifuns, Coldnesses of the century are becoming the new normal. Just ask the insurance companies which have to pay for the disasters.

Natural disasters in 2011 costliest ever... (and this article is from July 2011)

It's common knowledge, that the weather is becoming more radical around the world. Floods, ......

Kamui , you are absolutely right . And because we as human beings are helpless against the power of natural desasters the only way out is to prepare yourself for the worst . Talking about flooding I do strongly recommend a first floor flooding experience at Annie's massage Soi 4 which makes you familiar with the threats of a lot of water . After session 5 the very latest you start to like flooding which is psycologically important to stabilize your inner self though it does destabilise your outer self . If you know what I mean .

Kamui , you are absolutely right . And because we as human beings are helpless against the power of natural desasters the only way out is to prepare yourself for the worst . Talking about flooding I do strongly recommend a first floor flooding experience at Annie's massage Soi 4 which makes you familiar with the threats of a lot of water . After session 5 the very latest you start to like flooding which is psycologically important to stabilize your inner self though it does destabilise your outer self . If you know what I mean .

I do not know what you mean, since I have never been to a soapy. sad.gif

Archived