Flood?

radioman

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as for the specific areas of bkk most in risk of upcoming flooding who really knows, but the nothern & eastern suburbs/provinces as minburi, samut prakan, pathum thani & nontaburi. because they are outside of the main flood barriers of bangkok as well as in the first 'line of fire' of the water flowing into the city from the north...

now even if the barriers would be able to actually block the water effectively various canals would be sure to overflow so who really know where is safe & where's not?

only time can tell. better prepare for the worst aka water world lol!!

as for the specific areas of bkk most in risk of upcoming flooding who really knows, but the nothern & eastern suburbs/provinces as minburi, samut prakan, pathum thani & nontaburi. because they are outside of the main flood barriers of bangkok as well as in the first 'line of fire' of the water flowing into the city from the north...

now even if the barriers would be able to actually block the water effectively various canals would be sure to overflow so who really know where is safe & where's not?

only time can tell. better prepare for the worst aka water world lol!!

To me, the canals are over worked sewage ditches.

My condolences to anyone who may be affected but deep down inside I am having a good laugh.

The soon to be ex-wife's house is located 3 KM North of where they are building one of the defense walls at Klong 5 Lam Luk Ka Pathum Thani and she will get flooded out for sure. She inherited the house so it is considered Sin Suan Tua (Sole Property) under Thai law and not part of divorce settlement, the Sin Somros (Marital Property) is downtown and has already been sold.

Couldn't happen to a better bitch!

Heading out to Korat this morning, hopefully no major dramas getting there or back in a few days time. I just heard about these outer walls being built up at Klong 5, Rangsit and to the west, forget the name. Like WF said who knows what will really happen but at least it suggests some action not just handing out bags of rice.

I flew from Bangkok to Chiang Rai yesterday and the extent of the flood waters could be seen from the air.

It covered miles of country either side of all the major rivers and only disappeared when we reached the high country around Phitsanulok.

This is the most extensive flooding I've seen in the decades I've been here, as it has covered areas that have seldom been hit before. Still, Thailand has been lucky in recent years, with fewer floods than in the 1970s and early '80s. Now it is making up for it.

Major problem is that so many highways are cut. I noticed even in my area people had cleaned out the grocery, especially the instant noodles shelves. We've had some local flooding, but it goes down again the same day. A vendor at the market indicated the water had been about 4 foot in her soi that morning, but was all gone now.

BTW my internet just came back a hour ago after being out for 7 days. Apparently, my line goes through an area that was swamped. :(

Back in the 1980s, the parts of the city along the Chao Phaya River would flood every few years. I remember fish swimming in front of the National Library on Samsen Road, and in the area between Samsen and the Chao Phaya you could only travel by boat. I once saw a longtail boat zipping through there. :p

I think it was in 1980 that my first apartment in Bangkok went under. I was very close to Krung Thon Bridge, renting from one of the privy councillors. One morning I woke up and got off my bed ... to find myself standing in about 6 inches of water. The electric fan had shorted out and was running full speed like a propellor. I remember wondering how I was going to shut the damned thing off without being electricuted. The compound outside my apartment was under about 3 feet of water, thigh deep on me and waist deep on the Thais. We were flooded for about 10 days, and the landlord very decently waived the rent for the month. When the water went down, his daughter-in-law - a stunningly attractive Mom Rachawong - came to clean up my apartment. She was wearing a T-shirt, hot pants, and rubber boots ... and looked absolutely fantastic. I have never seen a lovelier woman in my life. :worship:

haha flasher what a story, but why dont u complete the story - tell us how deep u flooded her little pussy - in inches lol ;)

anyway this is probably the level of disaster that could hit bkk this time around for the worst affected areas - a week or 2 in deep shit & for others well a boat would probably be pushing it!

Archived