Woodstock ripoff *DELETED*

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:red]With all of the good comments about The Warbler just up the street, I'm amazed that you guys don't meet there. color=red>

Well, I've been recommending this place for some time. I go there most Wednesdays and Fridays for the Mexican and International buffets respectively.

The asfo Friday meetings were unofficially moved from Woodstock to Warbler's over one year ago.

There are negative reasons for the change (insular attitude of the owner/management/staff), the food is crap, Woodstock is in NEP, the booths make it hard to talk with everybody, questionable bills, etc.

And, there are positive reasons (great international buffet at 180 baht plus an extensive menu of other good food, live music [a plus or a minus depending on you]. an owner, Santos, who really does care what you think [he often asks me what I think about new items on the buffet], not located in NEP, free parking, great staff, cheap draft beer.

Both places have a pool table.

The only problem with Warbler's as I see it is that it can get crowded quickly simply because it is a damn fine place. Last week they had a wedding reception there and we had to move our act across the street to Bus Stop - another fine venue, but not air-conditioned.

I really recommend Warbler's for a lot of reasons.

[color:red]Hey, why don't we all chip in and buy a bar...? color=red>

hahaha, I brought this up several months back in my BoardRoom thread and I was pretty much laughed off the board.

Many good points were made I must say and I abandoned any interest in doing something like I suggested.

I encourage you to go back and read this thread if you can find it.

I also put up a poll, and the support of such a place was wishy washy at best.

I just have to chime in here that I believe the biggest problem is with the cashier. Although I would be curious about which waitress you had a problem with.

Basically, my past experience has been that the waitresses have all been good to great. I have had and seen numerous problems that stem from the cashier. All the waitresses who leave seem to have a problem with the cashier. I've seen the cashier make mistakes and then try to pass it off as the waitresses fault so if there is a shortfall, the cashier doesn't have to fess up the difference, it's the waitress who has to pay for the mistake. Literally from her wages.

<<burp>>

Not really my place to butt in here, as I'm not there to attend Friday night get togethers, but I do know Santos. There is no way he would allow any of your complaints to go unheard. I'm a big fan of his. You CANNOT go wrong moving to Warbler's, if you are so inclined.

By the way....have you cast your vote yet for SanukStock? (my real reason for posting here smile.gif )

I agree with regard to Santos. I would be very happy with a move to Warbler as I always go there to eat anyway and often I don't get my arse into gear in time to get to Woodstock first. Some other thoughts: Peter has never given us any incentive to go to Woodstock, he has never offered any discounts or bought the occasional drink or even come over and made us feel welcome while I've been there. If the Warbler was a regular venue Santos would rearrange the furniture and reserve our tables.

Also worth noting: I noticed that the price of a Kloster has now sneaked up to a round B100 at Woodstock. Warbler has Happy Hour until 9.00 pm - the same beer costs B60 though it will be served more quickly and with more grace and humour. I have often noticed that if I've started drinking early on, the drinks prices have stayed the same on the beers I have bought later.

The band doesn't get cranked up until after 10.00 pm these days - they are pretty good but not helpful if you want to talk.

Just to give some idea of why I go to eat at Warbler on a Friday. This would be a typical buffet selection - all you can eat for B180, with a bit of an emphasis on Indian food (Santos is Mexican-Indian, I think) (the Wednesday Mexican buffet is only B120!)

A soup (these are always good - my fave is the French Onion with cheesy bread floaters!)

Samosas

Tandoori chicken

Papadum & pickles

Several salads

Various other appetisers, won ton, sausages, crispy pork, whatever

4 or 5 Indian curries, always one or two vegetarian

pilau rice, naan bread

A couple of Thai staple main dishes

Chicken Almondaine

Pepper steak

Chicken Kiev

Fish