Woodstock ripoff *DELETED*

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with Sarasin. The wednesday mexican buffet

is great value. A far better place to start the evening

than being in Nana Plaza at 7pm. Most of the asfoers tend to be finished before the band starts as it gets a tad loud.

chock dee

On the same side as Nana Plaza down soi 4.

Just before you get to the Heidleberg or Jools bars

or across the road from Bus Stop

chock dee

I have only had 1 attempted rip off there, but it wasn't by the staff.

It was the usual weekly get together last December. I was chatting with a few guys in a booth while one of our more renown bretheren was holding court in the booth next door. I had just flew in that night and was pretty beat and had in mind a quick trip to a BJ bar before I was hit by jet lag. I was ettling up my check bin when the guy on the end of the next booth asked me for a couple hundred baht.

What for?

To pitch in to pay for xxx's beers. He doesn't buy his own beer.

Now I don't know who this newbie was (he had proclaimed that title upon arrival) but I just laughed and sauntered off as he looked shocked and was digging for baht.

I have never talked to mr xxx before and I am sure he is a great guy and knew nothing of this. I just thought it was humerous.

I can never make it to Nana early on a Friday evening, and even if I could I'm not sure I'm ready to give up my COMPLETE anonymity, so this might just be butting in, BUT: It seems to me with all I've read, especially on THIS thread, if you guys DO stay at Woodstock when the Warbler sounds so much better, then I'd have to say maybe you might actually LIKE having a place to complain about. No offence, this isn't meant as a flame, just an observation.

I do go to Woodstock on occasion, and I have to say that I HAVE noticed quite a deterioration in quality over the past, of, say, couple of years, but particularly in the past year. And no, no one's tried to rip me off there (that I'm aware of). I haven't made it to the Warbler myself yet, but hope to soon.

Great post Long Gun!

I think it is more important to emphasize the positive reasons for going to Warbler's rather than dwell on any negativism associated with Woodstock. IMO, the biggest plus for Warbler's over Woodstock is the attitude and friendliness of the owner Santos.

I agree with LG, that if there was interest, Santos would be willing to set up a long table or a whole section for us that would be reserved for The Board Guys - remember that asfo already uses Warbler's for its Friday night kickoff to chat before heading out to the bars.

Personally, I have been going to Warbler's since it opened nearly two years ago (they should be having an anniversary party soon). I will likely be there tomorrow evening for the Mexican Buffet and Friday evening for the International Buffet. I will talk to Santos about getting us more reserved space (assuming there is not another wedding reception like last week).

It would be appreciated by me if any of the Woodstock regulars interested in switching to Warbler's said so here. That way I would have an idea how much space to reserve.

Thanks

I have never managed to get to Woodstock but have been to Warblers to meet up with some of the guys and I support all that they say. Especially during the weeknights when the buffet is only 120 baht it is hard to beat. The owner is very friendly the uniforms are very nice and very short and overall the food is good.

Can you reserve me a place for Fri 21st June as I have just got my ticket................see u all then.

Uniformguy

Hi,

The owner is aware that some (one?) of the staff is trying to rip off customers. It seems a pretty big problem, which is one of the reasons for the fairly high turnover of waitresses.

Unfortunately he can not do anything unless he catches her/them red handed. He would therefore like for people to approach him or his wife (ask for Peter or Orn) so they can deal with it, *before* mentioning it to the waitress.

As for the 7pm thingy, no clue why this is. There is a change in shift at 7 (mostly extra girls arriving), but I don't really understand why we need to pay bills either.

As to LongGun's questions, no as far as I know Peter does not read this board (but is kept reasonably up to date by a mutual, rather rotund smile.gif, friend).

Sanuk!

Hi,

"I just have to chime in here that I believe the biggest problem is with the cashier."

I would tend to agree and have pointed this out to Peter on several occassions. Why she is still there I don't know (possibly because he has not caught her red handed?).

Sanuk!

Hi,

"remember that asfo already uses Warbler's for its Friday night kickoff to chat before heading out to the bars."

Which might make Warblers very crowded by adding another 15-20 guys (on a decent night) to the group.

I, unlike several others here, do not have any problems with Woodstock. I don't care whether or not a bar owner shows up to greet me, nor do I think booths make it any more difficult to talk than 1 big long table (or 2 tables as seems to be the case often now).

Same for the food, I actually do enjoy the food at Woodstock (have not tried the buffet at Warbler's though, not really a buffet guy).

As for discounts, I guess LongGun has not received one yet (let me know Friday and I'll give you one), but Nanaplaza.Com regulars do in fact have a 10% discount on all food/drinks after 7pm.

Anyway, I like both places, but just don't think we could fit everybody into Warbler's comfortably. Even with Santos' help.

Sanuk!

Archived