Sign in to follow this  
Redbaron

Look Out! Red's Back In Town - Feb 2012

It's been a long time - but I've finally booked the flights and I'll be landing in Bangkok around 8pm Feb 9th. I've taken a punt and I'll be doing the Jetstar on the way.... Strategic on the way back from Phuket.

As far as I remember I think my last trip was 2004 or 2005, and that was my last stress free holiday. A lot of water has passed under the bridge and all that since then, but really looking forward to catching up with the lads. Unless my calendar's out - day 2 will be a Friday so I'll pop into wherever we're all meeting (Los Cabos?) nowadays before shooting down Pattaya way to see my long lost brothers.

Can't wait lads, it'll be huge.

Mental checklist - flights booked, insurance on the way, spare batteries and SD cards on order for the new toy. I think that's it.

Awesome.

3 months, a week and a bit to go......

FWIW some of us are hoping it'll be a bit of a reunion between the original 4 London Contingent members.. My sorry self, Carew 65/66, Spirit of Town Hall are looking the goods, but not sure on Rusty/Lusty.... All welcome. From memory the plan was BKK and Patters with a side trip to an island or 2. I'll likely be heading out to Kanchanaburi for a few days R&R by the river.

Can't beat the feeling of a confirmed trip...

3 months, a week and a bit to go......

FWIW some of us are hoping it'll be a bit of a reunion between the original 4 London Contingent members.. My sorry self, Carew 65/66, Spirit of Town Hall are looking the goods, but not sure on Rusty/Lusty.... All welcome. From memory the plan was BKK and Patters with a side trip to an island or 2. I'll likely be heading out to Kanchanaburi for a few days R&R by the river.

Can't beat the feeling of a confirmed trip...

oh dear........... :scared:

going out drinking with carew/soth/lusty is scary.

i always seemed to get into trouble whenever linking up with them.

but good times had in the long run,enjoy........... :drunk::beer::drinking:

Thanks gobble.... a quick calculation says this time in 101 days (assuming Jetstar's on time) we'll be in Thailand airspace coming in .....

Based on what I've seen on telly, and reading Stick's column, things should be nicely cleaned up for you post-flood by the time you arrive. This is one of the few times I wouldnt want to be in central BKK, and the vision he paints of traffic heading south is like something from the Apocalypse.