Look Out! Red's Back In Town - Feb 2012

Redbaron

things should be nicely cleaned up for you post-flood by the time you arrive

Hopefully mate - if STH is in true form the place will look like a disaster zone (again) by the time we're done.

88 days to go by my calculations... 88=prosperous number+I'm on Sunday rates at work today! :rolleyes:

STH CHECK YOUR EMAILS!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

88 days ? Don't you think this thread is a little premature ? :neener:

From an Oz POV, February would be a fantastic time to go, but I reckon you will have a very large target on your back in the nightlife precincts. Long low season (tightwad Indians notwithstanding ..) made worse by a major natural disaster - those gals will be looking to make hay while the sun shines out of your Farang butt !

Based on what I've seen on telly, and reading Stick's column, things should be nicely cleaned up for you post-flood by the time you arrive. This is one of the few times I wouldnt want to be in central BKK, and the vision he paints of traffic heading south is like something from the Apocalypse.

We have done that run twice since arriving on October 21...and chaos is not strong enough.. :grinyes: double chaos maybe :neener:

We have done that run twice since arriving on October 21...and chaos is not strong enough.. :grinyes: double chaos maybe :neener:

Aaah, TB - you always struck me as a bit of a masochist, but TWICE ?? Even the 'regular' BKK gridlock has had me clenching my teeth and pulling faces - I dont need anything beyond that vision of hell.

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon lads,

FWIW - It's all official now... My leave is now officially approved, have leaned a thing or two on the new camera, and even bought myself a suitcase... just have to pack it.

67 days from now I reckon I'll be airborne, and looking forward to a big night.

Anyone interested I think we're starting at Big Dogs - I'll be there prob between 9 and 10pm (flight due to land at 8 - carry on luggage only). All welcome. One or two of us may be a bit teary though, just look for the two brothers reuniting after 7+(?) years....

Afternoon lads,

FWIW - It's all official now... My leave is now officially approved, have leaned a thing or two on the new camera, and even bought myself a suitcase... just have to pack it.

67 days from now I reckon I'll be airborne, and looking forward to a big night.

Anyone interested I think we're starting at Big Dogs - I'll be there prob between 9 and 10pm (flight due to land at 8 - carry on luggage only). All welcome. One or two of us may be a bit teary though, just look for the two brothers reuniting after 7+(?) years....

Big Dogs it is. Cant wait,

STH

One or two of us may be a bit teary though, just look for the two brothers reuniting after 7+(?) years....

Over 7 years ? Sheeit - that will be some reunion, assuming you still recognize one another ! :stirthepo

One thing is certain - it might have been 7 years, but any gal you spent the night with way-back-when will still remember *you*. Its always a thrill to have someone appear out of nowhere, shouting 'You no remember me ?' .......

Archived