Where Can I Find Photos Of Patts Right Now ?

gobbledonk

I'm only going on what I have read, but if a million people have fled BKK, they had to go somewhere. Even if only a hundred thousand of them went to Pattaya, that is one town that doesn't need any more traffic. I don't know that your average Thai family considers Pattaya a particularly desirable destination, but compared to Bangkok at the moment, its dry and it has a huge shopping centre - just ignore virtually everything on the way to the beach and I guess its not completely 'family unfriendly' ....

Anyone have a firsthand report of Patts atm ?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The traffic is worse than usual, but it's not terrible. What else do you want to know?

Should I be bullish on resources in 2012 ?

Er, OK - I suspect others have nailed it when they said Thais are bypassing Patts for Chonburi (wtf ? I thought that was crowded every weekend anyway ?) and other locations. I'm sure the honest hoteliers of Pattaya have in no way attempted to profit from this disaster ....

Should I be bullish on resources in 2012 ?

Er, OK - I suspect others have nailed it when they said Thais are bypassing Patts for Chonburi (wtf ? I thought that was crowded every weekend anyway ?) and other locations. I'm sure the honest hoteliers of Pattaya have in no way attempted to profit from this disaster ....

In Shanghai now and the only ticket I have out of here is Tuesday to BKK. I live in Klong san in a condo on the river and am plannig to asess the situaton and if need be head to Pattaya where my best Thai freind is holed up with his family in a rented condo.

Anybody know how the room situation is in Patts??? I am sure thge irls are there...?

Will check the Pattyaa papers...

Thanks

Archived