Thai 360 Several Years Back

keith doug

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eeh, hello everybody, my ears were getting awfully warm, though I was hoping more of you would be slagging me off. Still, thanks for the nice words and thoughts.

Rookie, I think your version of our disagreement was a tad over-simplified, but I would hope that a decade or so later we could put it behind us! Anyway, I'd call it philosophical differences, though I would also admit that I didn't always have my head on the right way round in those days. I do remember trying to clear the air on one of your visits to Warblers after you had settled in Pattaya but you weren't very interested. Still, as we're talking about memories. I will never forget the time you took me back to your hotel room from Thermae at 4.00 am, threw me around a bit, straddled me across your bed and did wonderful things with your hands (and a few days later took me up against the wall in the apartment you mentioned).

As for me, yes, I'm still in the UK and haven't been back to Thailand in over 6 years (though I'm hoping to bring everyone over next summer, the boys are forgetting they are Thai and need to get over there before the entire Thai side of their family have died). We originally left in 2002 but got back after 2 years for another year, which was worth it if only for a host of memorable nights representing the old Nanaplaza Forums in the quiz nights. My wife is still here and we recently celebrated 15 years of marriage. The secret? We've been separated for the last 5 of them! She's not far away though so the lads and myself still get to eat her wonderful food. The 'kids' are both 6 footers now, the eldest is at Uni, the youngest in his last year at secondary school. I think I'm actually glad that they've had the chance to have a 'normal' time growing up here, they've both done a lot of stuff they probably wouldn't have been able to in Thailand, though I've failed miserably to indoctrinate them with a passion and love for the Mackems.

I met so many great people through these forums, and asfo before them, I don't think life would have been half as much fun without them. If I have one abiding memory of a decade in Bangkok that summed it all up, it was probably a night at one of the legendary Nanapong 'Dance Contests' when the entire bar, girls and punters alike, was roaring along to Bon Jovi's 'It's My Life' - "I just wanna live while I'm alive ..."

I'm probably the only one here who cant keep track of all the reincarnations, but I suspect that very few board members have kept the same board name for the last 10 or so years - happy to hear otherwise. lazyphil is one, and flash and khunsanuk have been here forever - the rest of you are all figments of my tortured imagination !

(ps the beauty of alzheimers is that I meet new people every day)

Flashermac, I find it strangely reassuring to know that you are still here/there.

Lusty, I've moved on. I'm a Real Crisp man now.

I should probably qualify my previous account of the physical side of Rookie's and my relationship. Some of you will know that he is/was a top-notch chiropractor who rid me of a crippling bout of sciatica or something similar, on the morning of Khun Sanuk's wedding, if I'm not mistaken. A decade or more later and my back has remained trouble-free (despite my new 'career' as a postman!) and for that I am eternally grateful to the man.

Rookie, I think your version of our disagreement was a tad over-simplified, but I would hope that a decade or so later we could put it behind us!

***Absolutely, no problem! As this thread was on memories, our unfortunate encounter was just one that stood out in my now decrepit mind.

Still, as we're talking about memories. I will never forget the time you took me back to your hotel room from Thermae at 4.00 am, threw me around a bit, straddled me across your bed and did wonderful things with your hands (and a few days later took me up against the wall in the apartment you mentioned).

***Oh, but you had such soft, supple skin! :rolleyes:

I'll not elaborate those episodes and let the reader's minds wander, undoubtedly in the wrong direction!! :closemouth:

***Nice to hear from you. I'm glad all is good for you and your sons are doing well.

Best regards...

Archived