I'm A Hoarder.

expat

The wife bought 40 packages of 6x1.5 liter bottles of water yesterday from a wholesaler. It was all he had.

I'm hoarder and I don't care. We will not be running out water.

The beer is still up in the air, so far the San Mig is holding out.

The San Mig brewery is just down the road from Bangkok GC and reports from Tony say that is fully submerged, so not sure how long they can keep on producing and more importantly, distributing.

TH

I've seen the same thing. Tops a while back told me their main warehouse was cut off - couldn't get supplies to it. I've seen that at several different Tops branches, shelves almost empty. But Big C in Wongsawang is just as well stocked as usual, despite hordes of people buying what they need from it.

[Correction ... Big C had no more bottled water or pet food than Tops or the 7-Elevens.]

Someone said they had trouble finding beer, so I went over the edge. Soon, I fear, my house will be ceiling to floor stacked with beer.

Sir ,

I am planning to enter the area of Greater Bangkok on December the 6th 2011 come what may . I am considering to use an inflatable from the airport , pick up lovely Nok from the Northern bus station and continue rowing to the river , Bangrak area . The only thing that worries me is that they close the airport . The secong big worry was the possible lack of beer , there the question : would you be prepared to share a few boxes ? 3 bottles / day would be fine , I plan to stay 7 fays alltogether . Please confirm . Would have to be Singha if possible .

Sir ,

I am planning to enter the area of Greater Bangkok on December the 6th 2011 come what may . I am considering to use an inflatable from the airport , pick up lovely Nok from the Northern bus station and continue rowing to the river , Bangrak area . The only thing that worries me is that they close the airport . The secong big worry was the possible lack of beer , there the question : would you be prepared to share a few boxes ? 3 bottles / day would be fine , I plan to stay 7 fays alltogether . Please confirm . Would have to be Singha if possible .

Unfortunately, I'm in Pattaya. Best of luck.

bubi,

sorry to report all beer sing supplies have already been hoarded or reserved to be before your esteemed arrival, but the beer leo brewed & bottled from the same tap (water) remains widely available also by boat delivery city wide & at a good price :beer:

hope you will not let this slight inconvenience deter you ^^

Archived