No Freakin' Way ....

gobbledonk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youngest_birth_mothers

Wanwisa Janmuk

วันวิสาข์

Age - 9 years

Father - Janmuk's 27-year-old husband;

Thai law allows for the marriage of minors arranged by their parents.

Phetchabun, Thailand 2001: Wanwisa Janmuk gave birth in February 2001 to a girl at a hospital in Phetchabun, a northern province of Thailand.

That just aint right, people - I don't care if it is a different culture. I know - poverty and ignorance - but that was 2001, not 1901 ....

Hi,

"That just aint right, people - I don't care if it is a different culture."

Agree completely! Very common to see 14-15 year olds pregnant upcountry and I find even that too young. Sure they apparently 'grow up' quicker upcountry, but still...

My wife's daughter is 16 and she is almost all aspects still a girl, there is no way she'd be ready to bear children (besides physically I guess).

Sanuk!

Girl, 10, gives birth to baby in Mexico... and is now breastfeeding him

A Mexican girl has become a mother at the age of just 10, according to reports.

The youngster arrived at a hospital in the city of Puebla, suffering from life-threatening complications in her 31-week pregnancy, including seizures.

She gave birth by Caesarean section to a boy weighing 3.3lb at the Women's Hospital in the city, 60 miles south-east of Mexico City.

Her premature son is now said to be in intensive care following a bout of pneumonia, but officials said his young mother visits the baby every day to breastfeed, according to the New York Daily News.

The paper said the hospital revealed the baby boy is in a good condition considering his premature birth and the mother is recovering well after first coming to the centre on October 22.

My link

I suppose they have to start reproducing earlier in Mexico to replace all the people being gunned down every day. :cover:

There is a grain of truth to that in countries where anyone making it to 40 is considered an 'elder', and the West is probably only a few centuries away from that (the characters in Romeo and Juliet were reportedly 12 years old), but even then there should be a line in the sand and each of the 'fathers' alluded to in this thread has clearly ignored that line. These pregnancies are beyond sad, but the fact that so few people were ever prosecuted for allowing it to happen are sadder.

I've been digging into genealogy and find quite a few "women" married in the 18th and 19th century at 14 or 15. Obviously it was legal, since the marriages were performed in churches. My grandmother told me she eloped with me grandfather when she was 15. He was 26. That is one reason people had such big families ... women started pumping them out early and continued into their late 30s or even 40s. :p

Archived