What's P Like For Beer N Stuff This Week

radioman

A weekend in Pattaya beckons. Beer supplies holding up? Nighlife crowded out?

Seen no evidence of any Beer shortages at all anywhere. In fact things seem better in supply here than what I saw in Bangkok - easier to get Bottled water and no shortages of any brands of Cigs that I've seen.

It is however PACKED: to me its almost like Christmas / New Years week its so crowded - and that's based on punters / tourists in the bars and clubs, not on all the displaced Thai people here who don't frequent 'our' bars. However, not SO crowded that you can't have a good time, can still find seats in all the places.

Thanks guys. Just rolled into town, putting up at the Holiday Inn, gotta use those free nights up. No need for pickin in Pattaya, bring my own with me, but she will want to be out n about looking for 'friends'. Will be catching up with a few buddies n maybe makin a few new ones.

Cheers

Thanks guys. Just rolled into town, putting up at the Holiday Inn, gotta use those free nights up. No need for pickin in Pattaya, bring my own with me, but she will want to be out n about looking for 'friends'. Will be catching up with a few buddies n maybe makin a few new ones.

Cheers

Sounds like a nice weekend. Report back if able. 5555555

HH

Seen no evidence of any Beer shortages at all anywhere. In fact things seem better in supply here than what I saw in Bangkok - easier to get Bottled water and no shortages of any brands of Cigs that I've seen.

It is however PACKED: to me its almost like Christmas / New Years week its so crowded - and that's based on punters / tourists in the bars and clubs, not on all the displaced Thai people here who don't frequent 'our' bars. However, not SO crowded that you can't have a good time, can still find seats in all the places.

I concur, beverages, water and cigs readily available. But, I think 'packed' is an understatement. Due to the number of BKK flood refugees I find the current traffic condition worse that any high season since I've lived here!

As an aside, I had an occurrence with a Russian last month which really surprised me! As most know, many Russians now reside as well as visit Pattaya.

Very few speak English or Thai. Last month I was getting my bike packed for a ride to the Golden Triangle. A year ago, a Russian was curious about the bike and we tried to communicate as best we could, mostly through gestures.

As I was reading my bike for this trip a year later, I encountered him again. Again, mostly using sign language...until he pulled out a piece of paper and asked a question _written_ in English. I was surprised and wrote a reply in English. Come to find that while he could _not_ speak any English, his spelling and understanding of written English was near perfect.

We had a long conversation...on paper!! It was really bizarre!

Archived