Water Trucked To Hotels In Pattaya

gawguy

I see small water tanker trucks pumping water into hotels around Pattaya. This was before the current water shortage problem.

I stayed at one place and one time the tap water was brown for awhile.

What's going on here? Why do some places have water delivered by truck? Where does the water come from?

Given the dirtiness of the water that time, my suspicion is that it comes from a river, lake, reservoir in the area. It certainly is not processed tap water. Are those places even hooked to the city water system?

Gaw Guy

I see small water tanker trucks pumping water into hotels around Pattaya. This was before the current water shortage problem.

I stayed at one place and one time the tap water was brown for awhile. gawguy

I've been residing in a condo complex which has about 400-units. All tap water is delivered by truck.

I can only hazard a guess why the complex isn't connected to the Pattaya water system.

The place was built over 15-years(?) ago, in an area just west of Sukhumvit, and well before the

fringes South Pattaya were developed.

I can only recall a few times, in 10-years, when brown/dirty water very briefly came from the the tap.

I think that may have been caused when tankers refilled the water storage tanks, when the tanks were

very low, and it stirred up accumulated dirt at the bottom of the tank.

Recently, the complex turned off tenant's water supply for a half-day to purge and clean the storage tanks.

They do this periodically.

OTOH..that little bit of dirt may provide you with some extra mineral intake :-)

Archived