True Vision Free Package

gawguy

In Pattaya at the condo I rent twice a year, the cable provider is Sophon. It's not very good, but it has a few really excellent channels, like the Korean channel, KBS World. I watch it more than any other: documentaries, nature programs, cultural specials and yes, a drama or two. Yesterday an omninous msg started to scroll the bottom of the screen and they referred to website for more info which is:

Partner in Thailand Changes

Starting from December 1st, KBS World’s partner in Thailand changes from cable station under TCTA to True Visions. Therefore, there will be some changes in the way of receiving KBS World in the area. Please refer to the information below;

1. How to Register True Visions Service

- Viewers who want to watch KBS World in Thailand need to register True Visions service (free package or pay package).

2. Free package

- The person who does not want to pay for channels can buy True Visions dish at True Shop, Home Pro, or Bic C department store. The dish should be installed to enjoy 44 channels including KBS World. (2,990 Baht, No subscription fee)

3. Pay package

- To register the pay package, please call True Visions (+66-2-725-7000), or visit True Visions Website

So...I stay here for about 3 months twice a year. My room is on the 7th floor of 12 floors and the balcony faces west. If I buy the dish will it work from my porch? Is this a practical approach? If I subscribe 3 months here, 3 months gone, does that make sense? What to do??

Thanks,

Gaw Guy

• 2 weeks later...

In Pattaya at the condo I rent twice a year, the cable provider is Sophon. It's not very good, but it has a few really excellent channels, like the Korean channel, KBS World. I watch it more than any other: documentaries, nature programs, cultural specials and yes, a drama or two. Yesterday an omninous msg started to scroll the bottom of the screen and they referred to website for more info which is:

Partner in Thailand Changes

Starting from December 1st, KBS World’s partner in Thailand changes from cable station under TCTA to True Visions. Therefore, there will be some changes in the way of receiving KBS World in the area. Please refer to the information below;

1. How to Register True Visions Service

- Viewers who want to watch KBS World in Thailand need to register True Visions service (free package or pay package).

2. Free package

- The person who does not want to pay for channels can buy True Visions dish at True Shop, Home Pro, or Bic C department store. The dish should be installed to enjoy 44 channels including KBS World. (2,990 Baht, No subscription fee)

3. Pay package

- To register the pay package, please call True Visions (+66-2-725-7000), or visit True Visions Website

So...I stay here for about 3 months twice a year. My room is on the 7th floor of 12 floors and the balcony faces west. If I buy the dish will it work from my porch? Is this a practical approach? If I subscribe 3 months here, 3 months gone, does that make sense? What to do??

Thanks,

Gaw Guy

Not sure if you've found this already, but the easiest thing to do is to watch online. I'm an addict of KBS too, and it was supplied by my dirt cheap (free) Bangkok cable provider.

I'm waiting to see if KBS World disappears off the screen at midnight tonight., as I suspect it will. There's been no warning on screen from cable company-I found out about change to True from the KBS website.

I watch KBS all the time, but I am not going to fork out for True's overpriced services.

If you go to the KBS website you can download an app (Mac or Windows), sign up and watch KBS live online. Quality is pretty good and you can buy a month at a time for $6, or 6 months or a year at a discount.

I bought a month in anticipation of the channel disappearing tonight.

Only thing that worries me is I use my poor old Mac pretty continuously for entertainment media so suspect my hard disc will die an early death......

If anyone cares, as a follow up..

It's well into Dec 1st and KBS World feed has NOT disappeared from my small local cable provider in BKK, despite the announcement that it would only be available via True from today.

Maybe my provider wasn't paying for it in the first place so the official change in cable partner doesn't actually affect anything?

Has it gone from Pattaya Sophon?

If anyone cares, as a follow up..

It's well into Dec 1st and KBS World feed has NOT disappeared from my small local cable provider in BKK, despite the announcement that it would only be available via True from today.

Maybe my provider wasn't paying for it in the first place so the official change in cable partner doesn't actually affect anything?

Has it gone from Pattaya Sophon?

Very interesting to meet another KBS World lover! One of the best TV Stations on the planet. Huge budget for travel, nature and dramas.

Unfortunately it disappeared from Sophon for good on 2 December. I don't have fast internet in my room so I won't watch it online. I heard that subscriptions to True can paused and then started again.

Do you or anyone know about that?

I go back to US soon and unless they make a change, I get it on my cable there.

Thanks for responses..

GG

Very interesting to meet another KBS World lover! One of the best TV Stations on the planet. Huge budget for travel, nature and dramas.

Unfortunately it disappeared from Sophon for good on 2 December. I don't have fast internet in my room so I won't watch it online. I heard that subscriptions to True can paused and then started again.

Do you or anyone know about that?

I go back to US soon and unless they make a change, I get it on my cable there.

Thanks for responses..

GG

Just disappeared from my BKK cable today , shame thought I might have got away with it...

I don't know if it's possible to pause True subscriptions. They are not known for particularly good customer service so I somehow doubt it. Good Luck!

Archived