Using Thailand As A Base To Visit Other Countries?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still puzzled by the land border at Nong Khai - Farang seem to be able to cross both ways, countless times, without issue. Maybe they didnt get the memo ?

Reading Munchies post it seems as if he flew from Laos to BKK hence the 30 Day on Arrival visa if he had used the land crossing at Nong Khai he would have only got 15 days.

Just an observation.

Whilst, I'm not sure about how many times you can go into Thailand at Nong Khai, I can come into Laos on a 35 dollar tourist visa as many times as I can handle.

I did notice that taking a car from Laos into Thailand, could be done with no paper work, for oneself or the vehicle, at all, if you wanted to. Very easy, just waltz on through...

Been over this many times, the consulate in Vientiane will refuse "Tourist Visa's" those 90 day things with 2 entries, IF you have more than 3 in your passport, I saw a few people refused.

LANDING or ENTERING and getting a "visa" (boy people love to have a mass debate over that term) you can do it as many times as you like. Never seen anyone refused, turned back nor heard about it.

So to be clear, getting multiple tourist visa in Vientiane and many other Thai Visa issuing places is difficult now, cough up the dough to be a frequent flying tourist or border crosser and it's ok.

Been over this many times, the consulate in Vientiane will refuse "Tourist Visa's" those 90 day things with 2 entries, IF you have more than 3 in your passport, I saw a few people refused.

LANDING or ENTERING and getting a "visa" (boy people love to have a mass debate over that term) you can do it as many times as you like. Never seen anyone refused, turned back nor heard about it.

So to be clear, getting multiple tourist visa in Vientiane and many other Thai Visa issuing places is difficult now, cough up the dough to be a frequent flying tourist or border crosser and it's ok.

Or set up a Thai Company with 4 Thai employees and obtain a Non Imm B and a Work Permit!

FFS huumlaar, can we be CRYSTAL CLEAR on this, please ?? Obviously, many of us would have 'more than 3' TVs in our current passport : surely that should read 'more than 3 within the last 12 months' (or 2 years or whatever) ?? If that is not the case, the implication is that you can only get 3 tourist visas to Thailand over the course of a lifetime - I'm not the sharpest when it comes to Thai logic, but that seems a tad OTT for mine ......

I'm confident that I will get the Retirement visa, but I may need an initial 3-month stay followed by a trip to a few of the surrounding countries - being denied a TV simply because I have 3 in my passport (spread over 5-6 years) would be a deal breaker for me,

FFS huumlaar, can we be CRYSTAL CLEAR on this, please ?? Obviously, many of us would have 'more than 3' TVs in our current passport : surely that should read 'more than 3 within the last 12 months' (or 2 years or whatever) ?? If that is not the case, the implication is that you can only get 3 tourist visas to Thailand over the course of a lifetime - I'm not the sharpest when it comes to Thai logic, but that seems a tad OTT for mine ......

I'm confident that I will get the Retirement visa, but I may need an initial 3-month stay followed by a trip to a few of the surrounding countries - being denied a TV simply because I have 3 in my passport (spread over 5-6 years) would be a deal breaker for me,

The last I heard it was no more than three within a year.

Gobble I am NOT talking about what you get at the airport, but what a EMBASSY or CONSULATE gives you.

Some don't care (those far from Thailand) how many "Visa's" you have (Not entry permits!!!) but those close to Thailand have been told no more than three.

I oddly find that web board that is boring as a . . . . . Thai Visa has by far the best information and most accurate, it also matches my own experiences,

Employing 4 people paying tax and soc security is a tad more expensive than getting a wife visa - or maybe not

:)

Archived