Using Thailand As A Base To Visit Other Countries?

I'm thinking of spending about a month in SEA in June next year and perhaps visiting Singapore (zoo + bird park), Myanmar and Laos (if Coss still there). Will I be able to do that by just getting a 30 day visa on arrival every time I enter LOS, e.g., arrive LOS (30 day visa on arrival), stay one week, go to Singapore, back to LOS (30 day visa on arrival), stay one week, go to Myanmar, back to LOS (30 day visa on arrival), stay one week, go to Laos, back to LOS (30 day visa on arrival), stay another week, leave. Or do I need to get a multi entry visa before travelling?

I did come to LOS in June but just stayed for the whole month. I then went back to the UK for a couple months.

I came back to LOS at the end of August, intending to stay for one month, but at the end of September I decided to stay on for another month, so went to Cambodia for a few days and then back to LOS at beginning October. Then at the end of October I decided to stay for another month so went to Singapore for a few days and then back to LOS at beginning November. So I now have 3 consecutive 30 day stamps in my passport. It's approaching the end of November and I'm due to fly back to the UK on 1st December, however I have no desire to do so and am considering another month (December) in LOS. So I will fly out again to somewhere (don't know where yet), although probably for more than a few days and then fly back into LOS about second week December. I know nobody knows the answer for sure but am I likely to have a problem when I present my passport at immigration for effectively a fourth consecutive 30 day stamp? :dunno:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No - only if you try and get a "Tourist Visa" ie 90 day visa, then if you do that in Vientiane or some other places they will complain.

Best place always to get a visa by the way is a consulate, they make a profit on the visa's they give out, so always tend to the over supply rather than under supply.

I love Georgetown! For a few days anyway ... :hmmm:

Fantastic Indian food ... cheap too. You know it is authentic when you are the only one eating with silverware.

No asinine liquor sales hours either. Ironic that it is a Muslim country but you can booze whenever you want to. Knocking shops around lots of corners too, for the degenerates on the board. (The rest of us are on a higher plane.) ;)

Archived