Majic Jack Plus- Anyone Tried It Yet In Los?

allistar

I've had magic jack now for 3 years and use it exclusively to take calls, since I can see the number that called on my hotmail account. Magic Jack Plus advertises not needing a computer to use. I was thinking of bringing 1-2 over with me on my next visit to LOS for my wife's family members and discontinue Vonage. Has anyone used MJ Plus yet and how is the quality of of the phone line?

I've had magic jack now for 3 years and use it exclusively to take calls, since I can see the number that called on my hotmail account. Magic Jack Plus advertises not needing a computer to use. I was thinking of bringing 1-2 over with me on my next visit to LOS for my wife's family members and discontinue Vonage. Has anyone used MJ Plus yet and how is the quality of of the phone line?

Sorry slightly off your topic but has anyone used VIBER ?

Its used with the latest mobile phones and both parties need the internet to make free calls or have free messages.

Don't know if it works in Thailand but might be worth a try. Its just an App that both parties need on their phones. You don't need to be in the same country e.g. I spoke to a friend in England yesterday and I live in Ireland. Most of the time the service is good.

Might be useful and at the same time save money on calls.

If someone has it on their phone in Thailand and wants to try it out just send me a 'private message' with the full phone number and we can test it out.

• 9 months later...

Sorry slightly off your topic but has anyone used VIBER ?

Its used with the latest mobile phones and both parties need the internet to make free calls or have free messages.

Don't know if it works in Thailand but might be worth a try. Its just an App that both parties need on their phones. You don't need to be in the same country e.g. I spoke to a friend in England yesterday and I live in Ireland. Most of the time the service is good.

Might be useful and at the same time save money on calls.

If someone has it on their phone in Thailand and wants to try it out just send me a 'private message' with the full phone number and we can test it out.

Use viber all the time... call folks here in thailand on their thai smart phones, call folks in china, usa, europe.... as always...depends on network conditions everywhere.... calls to china are usually the worst.

been using MJ for 4 yrs now but never tried MJ Plus...Viber is only good from mobile to mobile so MJ allows me to make calls to friends/family that don't use smart phones.

Use viber all the time... call folks here in thailand on their thai smart phones, call folks in china, usa, europe.... as always...depends on network conditions everywhere.... calls to china are usually the worst.

been using MJ for 4 yrs now but never tried MJ Plus...Viber is only good from mobile to mobile so MJ allows me to make calls to friends/family that don't use smart phones.

Never heard of Viber. Is it similar to Skype?

• 2 weeks later...

Still need access to a network.

• 6 months later...

got one last week for my android, downloaded the app, my cell phone could make calls on any wify network for free, bought the gizmo's at radio shack, and got a real phone number that people could call me on, call quality's not the best as sometimes it drops calls and people can not here you, so I am now just using as voice mail, its a good back up number. as you can make a cell phone work with no cell service..

• 1 month later...

I have the NetTalk gizmo on one of my lines.

Voice quality is excellent.

Mine is connected to pc but can be connected to a router.

I find I have to reboot pc at lest once per day as phone shuts off. The red light of death.

Tech support for Magic Jack and NetTalk is virtually non- existent.

Archived