So I Bought A Tablet

radioman

Hi,

"Whats the advantage of getting a 3G version?"

Allows you to stick a SIM into it and use the Internet on the road (using 3G or EDGE).

"I'm thinking about getting a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet but would like to be able to connect it to a PC."

Very easy. Just plug it in with its USB cable. Works like a charm, no extra software needed.

BTW, apparently the new Acer tablet is really good, but I've not seen any reviews of it yet myself.

Sanuk!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Allows you to stick a SIM into it and use the Internet on the road (using 3G or EDGE).

"I'm thinking about getting a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet but would like to be able to connect it to a PC."

Very easy. Just plug it in with its USB cable. Works like a charm, no extra software needed.

BTW how's your Thai for reviews?

BTW, apparently the new Acer tablet is really good, but I've not seen any reviews of it yet myself.

Sanuk!

Would that be the Λ500 or W500?

Can you play/download games on it just like on an iPAD?

BTW how's your that for reviews?

W500 or Λ500 or in English on TV

Hi,

Sanuk!

Thanks for that quick reply.

I had looked at the specs for the Samsung but didn't see the reference to the USB cable etc - is the USB on both models 3G and non-3G ?

Regards.

I had looked at the specs for the Samsung but didn't see the reference to the USB cable etc - is the USB on both models 3G and non-3G ?

Regards.

I don't have a tab but a Galaxy SII phone which is much the same albeit smaller. With Android I just use the free File Expert that enables full transfer over wireless (works great with my FireFTP Firefox add on), so can leave the USB cable at home.

I don't have a tab but a Galaxy SII phone which is much the same albeit smaller. With Android I just use the free File Expert that enables full transfer over wireless (works great with my FireFTP Firefox add on), so can leave the USB cable at home.

That sounds like an interesting AP, will check it out.

Regarding the USB connectivity, it's much like a lot of other devices. The charger cable plugs into the charger with a regular USB plug. If instead you plug it into a PC it will appear in explorer as a new drive. You just drag and drop to it as you wish.

Regards.

Yes, the USB connector is the charger connector which is on all models. The Sim card slot on th 3G is on a different side.

Hi,

Thanks for the tip on File Expert, gonna check that out.

Limbo, very happy with the Galaxy Tab. It is getting a LOT of use by pretty much everyone in the house. The iPad 2 seems a bit more faster / more responsive, but that for me was offset by the need for iTunes (and my general dislike of Apple products / policies).

Sanuk!

Regarding the USB connectivity, it's much like a lot of other devices. The charger cable plugs into the charger with a regular USB plug. If instead you plug it into a PC it will appear in explorer as a new drive. You just drag and drop to it as you wish.

Thanks radioman. Its the same as the Samsung Galaxy SII phone which I already have.

The reason I asked at all was that other brands have a true USB connection.

It seems from the replies here that a few of you have the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet and are happy with it.

Archived