So I Bought A Tablet

radioman

Thanks.

All very interesting. I'm glad, in a way, that its not just me thats having problems with the Galaxy Tab.

I did a test with my Tab in the shopping area where free wifi is located.

No problem at all. Connected straight away.

When I came home it connected to my own wifi (left switched on when I went out) no problem.

Will need to pay more attention to WAP etc in other than my own wifi's.

I haven't tried hard resetting yet. Reluctant to try, not sure what state the Tab will be when I restore from Kies. Probably last resort thing.

Will keep you updated.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm now thinking of dipping my toes in the tablet market and am considering the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7". I would prefer the 8.9" version but the 7.7" version is newer, has a Super Amoled Plus screen and also supports microSD up to 32GB which none of the other models have and that extra memory will come in very handy for storing photos when I'm travelling and don't have the laptop with me. So does anyone else use a Tablet for storing camera images? Samsung do have a USB adaptor and an SD card adaptor but what about connecting a CF card. Presumably either connecting the camera containing the CF card or a card reader via the USB adaptor would do the trick? Anyone any experience?

Hi,

My wife has a lot of photos on our tablet, but I've just copied them on after hooking up the tablet to the PC. So, no, no experience with what you're trying to do.

Not sure if the card reader option would work though. When hooking up the tablet to the PC, I can see the contents of it on the PC, but not vice-versa. I do not have a USB adapter though, so that might change things.

Sanuk!

Ok, I'm doing this as I type.

I have a connection kit, essentially a matchbox sized dongle with a Samsung connector on one side and a multi-card reader slot on the other side, takes everything from a micro SD to memory stick I think but no CF, I'd say that's a bit 'pro' for this sort of kit though there may be one out there. It also has a USB socket. Plug in my Nikon D40 which is pretty basic and the Galaxy identifies it, goes straight to the gallery application and shows me the albums including the D40. Says 'touch here to import' and then an option appears in the top right to import all the pictures which then appear in an 'imported' album. You can even view the pictures in the Gallery application and scroll through them to import one by one, making the tablet a sort of super sized camera LCD.

I know it will read the SD card easily enough but it looks like plugging the camera straight in over USB is actually even easier.

I have a connection kit, essentially a matchbox sized dongle with a Samsung connector on one side and a multi-card reader slot on the other side, takes everything from a micro SD to memory stick I think but no CF, I'd say that's a bit 'pro' for this sort of kit though there may be one out there. It also has a USB socket. Plug in my Nikon D40 which is pretty basic and the Galaxy identifies it, goes straight to the gallery application and shows me the albums including the D40. Says 'touch here to import' and then an option appears in the top right to import all the pictures which then appear in an 'imported' album. You can even view the pictures in the Gallery application and scroll through them to import one by one, making the tablet a sort of super sized camera LCD.

I know it will read the SD card easily enough but it looks like plugging the camera straight in over USB is actually even easier.

A colleague in my office has the 7.7" tablet (the latest one) and he connected his Nikon D70 via the USB adaptor but it didn't recognise it!

However he has now tried connecting a multi card reader with a CF card in it via the USB adaptor and was able to view and download the images.

So it looks like one way or another I'll be able to download from CF card either direct from my camera (Canon 7D) or by using a card reader.

For images on my point and shoot which uses an SD card Samsung have an SD card adaptor so no problem there.

Thanks for replies. :up:

• 4 months later...

Would have to say Panthip Plaza and Fortune Tower as the most certain. Fortune maybe easier to get to by MRT (Rama9).

They do sell them, and iPads at Lotus but I dobt you would get much more than a blank look if you have any questions. Not sure Fortune or Panthip will be any better but the chance of success is likley higher.

Anyone know the best place to see the Samsung range of tablets in Bangkok?

MM I do Know, but since all you can do is try to flame me in every thread I post in I won't tell you

Regards

Kong

OK Considering your location I would Give Terminal 21 a Try first, AIS, TRUE and DTAC carry the latest range of tablets, after that Fortune Tower, only 2 stops up the MRT from Asoke to Rama IX

Archived