So I Bought A Tablet

radioman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking of getting a tablet.

Read the comments here.

Whats the advantage of getting a 3G version?

The 3G version can - if you have acquired SIM card for internet use - connect to the internet while being on the road. Very helpful, if you want to look up some information when traveling or using Google Maps. But not necessary, if you can connect to WLAN most of the time.

I have a question for those with the galaxy, or maybe any android tablet. I have a sim card in it, AIS multi sim so same number as my phone. Anyone know how to do sms and mms?

I know the galaxy running honeycomb cannot normally do voice, think that is coming with ice cream sandwich though.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/search/supportSearchModelResult.do?menu=SIA00200&searchInputBox=tab%2010.1&searchWord=tab101

I've been searching the Samsung webpages for the Manual for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I just couldn't find it so I sent an email to Samsung who replied with the above web address. Copy and paste the whole line.

I'm just sharing this information with those who may like to have a look or want to download the manuals etc. It covers both the wifi only and the wifi + 3G versions.

The site also includes updates for the firmware which some of you may also be interested in.

Enjoy.

I was doing some research on the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet and came across a forum where they were complaining about a particular problem with the Samsung.

They referred to is a 'an oil slick' effect on the screen.

Has anyone here, with one of these tablets, come across this problem ??

I played with one of them to day and they do look good if a bit expensive. I suppose you get what you pay for.

They are selling for around € 470.00 here in Dublin Ireland for a 16 gb non 3G version.

Any members here from the North of Ireland who might point me in the right direction to get one in Belfast, for example, for less money.

At present rates € 470.00 is equal to £ 402.00.

I'm also wondering if I shouldn't be trying to get a 32 gb version? I'm just not sure if I need the extra 16 gb. Possibly I should get a 16 gb with 3G, might be a better bet. Any suggestions ?

Regards.

I was doing some research on the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet and came across a forum where they were complaining about a particular problem with the Samsung.

They referred to is a 'an oil slick' effect on the screen.

Has anyone here, with one of these tablets, come across this problem ??

I played with one of them to day and they do look good if a bit expensive. I suppose you get what you pay for.

They are selling for around € 470.00 here in Dublin Ireland for a 16 gb non 3G version.

Any members here from the North of Ireland who might point me in the right direction to get one in Belfast, for example, for less money.

At present rates € 470.00 is equal to £ 402.00.

I'm also wondering if I shouldn't be trying to get a 32 gb version? I'm just not sure if I need the extra 16 gb. Possibly I should get a 16 gb with 3G, might be a better bet. Any suggestions ?

Regards.

Thanks for the link with the manual and software. That is very helpful. I hadn't previously been able to find the support site from Thailand, but it comes up fine here in China, go figure! I do have the service manual that I downloaded from a site that has copies of the stock ROMs and other useful info. It gives all the info you might need if you ever wanted to disassemble a Galaxy!

Not heard about the oil slick but I know what you mean, GF has a tv, 32" LCD with that very problem. It's only noticeable when the screen is off and totally dark. Once lit up there is no indication that anything is wrong, annoying more than anything but not sure what happens longer term.

I have the 16GB with 3G, I believe this is currently the only stocked model in Thailand. If I were buying again I would absolutely buy the 64GB with 3G. You simply cannot have enough memory and once you start using one of these things it will rapidly fill up, the tablet convenience factor is a big plus and hard to explain. The 3G is a must to me, I'm not always near a Wi-Fi hotspot and though I have used tethering with my phone I find it inconvenient and a real battery eater. I have a second sim tied to one number, so one bill, and on an unlimited AIS plan.

BTW, fixed my SMS issue, the stock messaging APP works fine, Gawd knows how I missed that, though I suspect alcohol may have played a part :)

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/search/supportSearchModelResult.do?menu=SIA00200&searchInputBox=tab%2010.1&searchWord=tab101

I've been searching the Samsung webpages for the Manual for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I just couldn't find it so I sent an email to Samsung who replied with the above web address. Copy and paste the whole line.

I'm just sharing this information with those who may like to have a look or want to download the manuals etc. It covers both the wifi only and the wifi + 3G versions.

The site also includes updates for the firmware which some of you may also be interested in.

Enjoy.

I followed the link and when clicking on a choice it takes me to what looks like the main site page. Then if I choose support or downloads I get to enter my model number GT-P7500 and then I get a cannot find anything link broken response.

Who did you email at Samsung? Think I'll give it a try and see if they can help.

Thanks

I followed the link and when clicking on a choice it takes me to what looks like the main site page. Then if I choose support or downloads I get to enter my model number GT-P7500 and then I get a cannot find anything link broken response.

Who did you email at Samsung? Think I'll give it a try and see if they can help.

Thanks

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/search/supportSearchModelResult.do?

menu=SIA00200&searchInputBox=tab%2010.1&searchWord=tab101

I too tried the above link, which is the one I posted here, and I'm getting the same as you got, a main page. This wasn't what I got previously. When I first used it it brought me to a page of options to download various things etc.

I'm wondering have they applied some code to indicate when the site is visited and then knock it off again to stop people constantly going into it. Strange.

The following is the contents of the email reply I received from them with the above link to the manuals etc.

---------------------------

Need to contact the Samsung Customer Support Centre?

…by EMAIL using the link below and we aim to answer your email within

one business day

https://contactus.samsung.com/customer/contactus/formmail/mail/MailQuest

ionProduct.jsp?SITE_ID=31

…by TELEPHONE during our opening hours Monday – Saturday, 9am – 6pm

UK customers 0330 SAMSUNG (7267864)

EIRE customers 0818 717100

…by LETTER and we aim to acknowledge your letter within one business day

of receipt

Samsung Customer Support Centre

PO Box 479

GATESHEAD

NE9 9BJ

United Kingdom

…by FAX and we aim to acknowledge your fax within one business day

UK customers 0330 7260001

EIRE customers +44 (0)117 915 6736

https://contactus.samsung.com/customer/contactus/formmail/mail/MailQuestionProduct.jsp?SITE_ID=31

Following my previous comments and queries I eventually bit the bullet and bought a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet 64 Gb.

I purchased it from Amazon who had the best prices at £507.00 which includes Vat.

Ordered it on the 8th. and it arrived with me on 12th., yesterday.

Charged it up etc and had a play with it to try and get to grips with something new.

This morning I switched it on and it failed to get into the internet. It also insisted on switching off and on automatically after about 20/30 seconds of use.

Had to use its own on/off button to force it to switch off.

Tried again and the same happened.

Present position of the tablet: Packaged up on the table here for its return trip to Amazon.

I telephoned Samsung in England on 00 44(0)1932 454 358 and their comment was that the tablet was faulty and because it was still within the 30 day money back quarantee I should return it to the 'shop' where I bought it.

I've opted with Amazon to get a refund, they'll also pay the return postage.

Now I'm not sure if I should order a new one or not.

Anyone else here have any problems at all with the same product ??

Archived