Photos From Daily Life In Thailand

think_too_mut

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Not sure what the difference is or what you need to do to post the larger ones.

When there are several pics though, I think the thumbnails are better. Click the first, then watch it and the rest in the slideshow.

The difference is that full size pictures come from an external source, not stored on this board. Mine come from my own site, here is only a link to it(reply to my message will show the link code).

When uploaded onto the board, the board setting is probably "show thumbnails" and replaces the pics with their small representation. The software that I use (vBulletin) has that configurable, can be toggled between "Show Thumbnails" or "Show Full Image".

The difference is that full size pictures come from an external source, not stored on this board. Mine come from my own site, here is only a link to it(reply to my message will show the link code).

I've got both in my post with the picture of the vendor, which was a mistake but I couldn't work out how to delete the thumbnail image after I'd attached it.

The thumbnail image was attached using the "Attach This File" option (which you find in "Attachments" below the box where you type your post) and came from my PC hard drive.

The large image was attached by using the "Insert Image" icon (which you find above the box where you type your post) and came from an external source, e.g., photobucket. So you first have to upload the image to the external source before posting.

Have to say that the large images are much better. If one thumbnail attached I will probably open it but if multiple thumbnails, as in TB's post, it is highly unlikely that I would open them all.

KS, what is the story here, some post full sized pics, others small mini useless one you need to click on.

How to post the big ones then please ?

PS : that is how the sponsors' board died off IMO, small pics..... very mai sanuk to watch.

BB

You need to join a website like Picasa or PhotoBucket.

You load your pics into your "album" then any time you want to post one or put it on another website you use the "insert image" tool here, just like you would if you were posting a photo from a news source.

I've got both in my post with the picture of the vendor, which was a mistake but I couldn't work out how to delete the thumbnail image after I'd attached it.

It's never easy. From my experience, not even Admin can delete an attachment (only, not touching the post) just like that. Admin or Super Mod would have to come to that post, click "disapprove attachment", then go to Admin panel and find "Attachments awaiting moderation" and delete it from there.

Archived