Photos From Daily Life In Thailand

think_too_mut

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is Vietnam's problem: no deep sea harbours to take the goods out as from Laem Chabang or even Khlongtoey.

Jan 1st 2015 - once this "Asean" thing is fully integrated, with road/rail links from Vietnam to Cambodia/Laos/Thailand, then expect Vietnam's Cam_Ranh_Bay to overtake Thailand's Laem Chabang.

Cam Ranh Bay (Vietnamese: Vịnh Cam Ranh) is a deep-water bay in Vietnam in the province of Khánh Hòa. It is located at an inlet of the South China Sea situated on the southeastern coast of Vietnam, between Phan Rang and Nha Trang, approximately 290 kilometers / 180 miles northeast of Hồ Chí Minh City / Saigon.

Cam Ranh is considered the finest deepwater shelter in Southeast Asia.[1] The continental shelf of Southeast Asia is relatively narrow at Cam Ranh Bay, bringing deep water close to land.

Jan 1st 2015 - once this "Asean" thing is fully integrated, with road/rail links from Vietnam to Cambodia/Laos/Thailand, then expect Vietnam's Cam_Ranh_Bay to overtake Thailand's Laem Chabang.

Cam Ranh Bay (Vietnamese: Vịnh Cam Ranh) is a deep-water bay in Vietnam in the province of Khánh Hòa. It is located at an inlet of the South China Sea situated on the southeastern coast of Vietnam, between Phan Rang and Nha Trang, approximately 290 kilometers / 180 miles northeast of Hồ Chí Minh City / Saigon.

Cam Ranh is considered the finest deepwater shelter in Southeast Asia.[1] The continental shelf of Southeast Asia is relatively narrow at Cam Ranh Bay, bringing deep water close to land.

They neither know that nor go to google univeristy to learn.

They (the press) think it is matter of cost and one's will.

If that was so easy, why would such "finest deepwater shelter in SE Asia" live in the corners of Wikipedia for so long? Could well be the polytburo of the Vietnamese Communist Party itself has edited the entry for the eager to stumble on. Or is it the law if Wikipedia says so?

Things like whisfull thinking "will overtake Laem Prabang" are not the facts encyclopedia should contain. It rather reeks of propaganda.

And then, Jan 1. 2015, it's not like opening of the Panama Canal when nobody would continue go around just because they have used to. It may take decades before everything is in place for Vietnam, including that Shanghai, Guangzhou, Bangkok, stand still and labor force in Vietnam becomes educated and available.

Looks more like blatant advertising. And just confirms how deep is not the sea but the problem Vietnam has.

A few years ago, I knew a Vietnamese engineer - PhD - who taught at an international university in Thailand. He told me he did not like to work in his own country, since he could not use the latest techniques he had studied. Everything had to be approved by the Communist Party, and they were suspicious of everything new.

A few years ago, I knew a Vietnamese engineer - PhD - who taught at an international university in Thailand. He told me he did not like to work in his own country, since he could not use the latest techniques he had studied. Everything had to be approved by the Communist Party, and they were suspicious of everything new.

Wrong topic, Flashermac? Not about air pollution in China?

TTM - I think your missing the point - anyway, I'll put a note for Jan 1st, 2015 to do a comparison between Laem Chabang Port and Cam Ranh Bay - then will see how much the Vietnamese have outclassed the Thais.

20 years ago - maybe 25 - the Thais and other SE Asian countries looked up to the Philippines - now it is completely opposite - the PI has gone downhill over the last 20 years compared to every country in Asean - ok, maybe excluded Laos/Myanmar - but even those countries have improved since the last 20 years.

TTM - I think your missing the point - anyway, I'll put a note for Jan 1st, 2015 to do a comparison between Laem Chabang Port and Cam Ranh Bay - then will see how much the Vietnamese have outclassed the Thais.

20 years ago - maybe 25 - the Thais and other SE Asian countries looked up to the Philippines - now it is completely opposite - the PI has gone downhill over the last 20 years compared to every country in Asean - ok, maybe excluded Laos/Myanmar - but even those countries have improved since the last 20 years.

An entry in Britannica has nothing about anything being built there (may be but it is not a duty of Encyclopedia to report on), nothing about Cam Ranh taking over anyone at any time in the future. Perhaps, not that easy for Communist Agitprop agents to infiltrate within. Probably the smallest thing they have done to promote Vietnam but still.

Even if built up, what is there to export? A raw installed capacity with nothing to ferry? Who is going to dismantle the clusters of industries already in Thailand and move them?

Also, while Americans were bombing guts out of Vietnam, they were in parallel building highways in Thailand to thank for letting them use Utapao for B-52 bombing missions. That opened up wast previously unreacheable areas, that is how Ayutthaya can be such an industrial estate not on the sea as Rayong is. Would Vietnam have that?

You are right about last 20 years but that is when the globalization has made, perverselly, everything as local, as it can get: think of Hard Disk Drives manufacturers, they are all in Ayuttaya, 60% of HDDs of the world are made there, 70% of all HDD motors, companies independent of Hitachi, WD, Seagate. Or car manufacturers in Rayong. That is not leaving for Vietnam and new investments will take decades to concentrate there the way thay already have in Thailand since mid-80s.

Archived