Photos From Daily Life In Thailand

think_too_mut

Actually it's because of the glove on her right hand that I assume that she's left handed, i.e., if she handles the fruit with her right hand (hence the glove) then she must cut it with the knife in her left hand, which would make her left handed.

What were you saying about not being very observant? ;)

If she was to chop the fruit using her left hand then why is the knife on top of the cooler close to her right hand then? Thai's do not go in for "Time and Motion" studies but their inherent laziness dictates their work environment.

If one was to study a fruit vendor in action, as I just have done this morning, you would notice that the fleshy part of the fruit (consumable part) is handled with the gloved hand and the skin of the fruit placed into the non gloved hand.

A simple experiment would be next time you are in the kitchen chopping up veg etc, I bet that if you put the knife down for any reason it is to the side that you are holding it in, not across your body.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She seems to be chopping up watermellons for sale working from right to left with the knife closest to the right hand = must be right handed.Must be some good profits to be made out of fruit - look at the gold bracelets on her wrist.....unless she made the money from other activities.... :censored::cheerleader::hubbahubba:

If she was to chop the fruit using her left hand then why is the knife on top of the cooler close to her right hand then?

The knife is only close to her right hand because her chopping surface is to her right. In order to do the chopping she will have to turn to her right and then the chopping surface and the knife will be in front of her (not right or left). However as already pointed out if she is right handed she would have to hold the fruit with her ungloved left hand and hold the knife in her gloved hand which makes no sense whatsoever. Finally she is handing the fruit to the customer with her left hand which would also suggest that she is left handed.

I rest my case your honour. judge.gif

This was scanned from a negative. Anyone know which Suk soi this was taken on? And is the vendor left or right handed?

Where is the prize?

Some vouchers applicable if your name starts with K, surname ends with "c", 30 baht off open heart surgery in a top BKK hospital, but only if you live in some inundated community, for example?

:snowlaugh

Archived