Should I Declare?.

sayjann

for over 10 years i have taken english wares for my friend and never declared them and never questioned about what i had.

nothing in my eyes which should have ever caused a problem,but this time is different.

i am taking a traditional xmas pudding for him and i don't know wether to declare this at customs.

it will be wrapped up in it's original packaging and while in my hold luggage,not hidden.

i don't know what the thai rules are for about certain kinds of fresh food are but should it be declared?.

it's not a problem for me to just say destroy it if it's not allowed,it only cost me 150 baht.

but i'm just concerned about being delayed by having all my baggage searched and while having nothing else to worry about it's just a pain in the arse.

you can have my slice,i hate the pudding along with mince pies........... :barf:

but another question....

is mistletoe allowed into thailand?.

i don't know wether if the tradition of the plant is well known in thailand but i want to take some for my friend to adorn his bar.

i have a source and just intend to take a little amount into the country,a plant which requires little maintenance so easy to transport in 24 hours.

but i know different countries have different rules about plantlife and don't know what the rules are for thailand.

again it will be in my hold luggage and not hidden if i am searched.

if questioned i will explain the tradition in my country and if prohibited then not a problem for me to just let the authorities want to confiscate it.

you can have my slice,i hate the pudding along with mince pies........... :barf:

but another question....

is mistletoe allowed into thailand?.

i don't know wether if the tradition of the plant is well known in thailand but i want to take some for my friend to adorn his bar.

i have a source and just intend to take a little amount into the country,a plant which requires little maintenance so easy to transport in 24 hours.

but i know different countries have different rules about plantlife and don't know what the rules are for thailand.

again it will be in my hold luggage and not hidden if i am searched.

if questioned i will explain the tradition in my country and if prohibited then not a problem for me to just let the authorities want to confiscate it.

As far as I know, the Thais are too stupid to think of protecting their country from potential ecological contaminants...I've never seen any warnings anywhere about bringing in plants, etc. (or food!) not native to Thailand. As opposed to, say, the US (especially California!) where they'll fine your ass off for bringing in the tiniest spec of plant, vegetable, fruit matter...

Restricted Items

The following examples require a permit from the government agency:

- Buddha images, religious or ancient arts, and antiques (Department of Fine Arts)

- Weapons, bullets, and explosive devices (Office of National Police)

- Plants and planting materials (Department of Agriculture)

My link

p.s. In other words, keep it out of sight! Or to be safe, bring plastic mistletoe. The Thais won't know the difference, and who cares what the Druids think.

Restricted Items

The following examples require a permit from the government agency:

- Buddha images, religious or ancient arts, and antiques (Department of Fine Arts)

- Weapons, bullets, and explosive devices (Office of National Police)

- Plants and planting materials (Department of Agriculture)

My link

p.s. In other words, keep it out of sight! Or to be safe, bring plastic mistletoe. The Thais won't know the difference, and who cares what the Druids think.

i could'nt be doing with plastic mistletoe,it just would'nt look/feel right to me.

like i say it will be in my hold luggage but not hidden.

never had a problem entering any country in my life/never stopped and questioned/searched.

but i know this time will be the first time and i will be delayed by searches.

the only time i have ever been stopped was when i returned from amsterdam after a 3 day trip.

yes i had partaken certain things they sold in 'coffee shops' but thought i was fine going home.

seems i had accidently put half a joint in my rucksack,totally forgotten about the bloody thing.

waited a long time for my case to arrive on the carousel and it was the last out.

i was immediately stopped and questioned and then had to go for a strip search.

not to bad as i was allowed to keep underwear on and warned about the contents of my hold luggage.

i had also frequented a bar where they sold marijuana beer and i packed a couple of small bottles in my case,the size of a singha/tiger/chang and while they realised it was for my own personal use and no intention to sell on it was confiscated and i was issued with a 10 year warning record.

i had also frequented a bar where they sold marijuana beer and i packed a couple of small bottles in my case,the size of a singha/tiger/chang and while they realised it was for my own personal use and no intention to sell on it was confiscated and i was issued with a 10 year warning record.

You should swap stories with Mekong as he was also a drug runner!

Archived