White Ribbon Day

el diablo

Article

I'm not sure if you would have come across this, its fairly big down here in Australia, particularly in our {matriachal}, PC capital.

White ribbon day.. a pledge of non-violence against women.. The origins of it are a particularly nasty event in Canada.

I've always been a bit uncomfortable with this white Ribbon day.. Not that im a wife beater.. I'm against most violence, but most of the violence i ever came accross was two blokes beating the shit out of each other in a pub. The article has some intersting comments in the feedback at the bottom of the article. my own thought is that it shouldn't just be about women.. it should be about all violence. anyway have a look at it. it an opinion piece in ABC online (Australia).

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/3695186.html

Cheers all

I think the idea behind it it to make violence against women, "un-cool" in the same way drink driving has become un-cool.

Hopefully a similar campaign starts soon against violence towards the elderly this poor bloke copped if for whatever cash was in his wallet in what seems to be a growing trend. They showed his face on the news and he looked almost dead.

Some tough junkie I'll put the house on it.

Archived