Apsara's Massage, Soi Nana, Bangkok

Ryder

Apsara%20Massage.JPG

[video=youtube;O5rPa5zf2dA]

The word Apsara’s mean’s (roughly translated from Sanskrit) ‘heavenly maiden’ or sometimes ‘divine courtesan’s’. Being’s that were supposed to of been all over the place in central asia many ages ago...

They still have real images of them in India on temples etc...

Anyway flash forward to 21st Centurey Bangkok On Sukhumvit Soi 4 / Nana You’ll blink if you miss this place, passing by the bars and other places with Thai lady’s in.

Spilling out of the doorway at this particular massage shop (more a parlour really) were several Thai women certainly making overture’s to that bygone age.

They were somewhat hardened and jaded about the face, yet not what I’d call ugly either.

Definitely no-nonsense women in general. Far from the softy-softy style.

To their credit nearly all wore a ‘uniform’ that was olde-worlde, possibly in further emulation of what the place was called or meant to represent.

It was like long brown/black skirts with a dark top.

One girl didn’t wear it, she seemed a bit more beautiful than the rest and was wearing some tight stylish clothes. I asked if she was just a greeter but she seemed to indicate she could massage too.

Peeking in further behind about four of them I noticed a corridor running for about 20 feet then some stairs. Intriguingly there was a long bench to the right of the corridor, along with a hollowed out section to the left.

So essentially if you walked through it and it was ‘full’ of Thai lady’s you’d be walking a gauntlet so to speak.

It could also serve as a place to perhaps’s make a choice instead of being hemmed in in the bench-corridor.

At this time I was there it was quiet, being early morning so none of that mattered for me. Yet being fairly close to Nana Plaza I expect this place does brisk business during the night-hours.

Yes there was certainly something about the entrance.

On first glance like a location that National Geographic would run an expose on about bordello’s in the heart of calcutta.

It had a risque feel but with the veneer of hospitality.

Not wanting to tarry I made a snap-shot decision on a Thai lady in her mid-20s, one that looked a bit less jaded than the rest.

Up the rough steps and into a lobby / reception area.

Up here it was a world apart from the downstairs’s one of the flesh-market.

Nice music was playing, a well-crafted stone artwork showing mythical maiden-beings of Sanskrit legends etc.

Black furnishings where evident, lit up brightly with artificial light. There was no window’s that I could see, so you had the effect of being enclosed from Nana. Teak flooring finished the effect off.

Yes, definitely up-market and at least trying hard on the sophistication-factor. Almost outclassing it being on Soi 4.

Almost bizarrely there were two coin-operated internet computers to the right, should any massage carousers’s suddenly need to fire off email’s somewhere...

I noticed a price list on the counter and took a fair picture for you all to see. It’s offering the usual plus sports massage, aromatherapy etc.

Apsara%20Massage%20Prices.JPG

Also of interest are some package treatments with all kinds of exotic substances, pumice stones and so on. Not really my thing, but might be worth a try sometime.

Deciding to test the capability’s of my Thai lady of choice I went for a Thai Massage for one hour. This was 300 baht.

That way I’d be able to see if there was at least some skill about the place and not just the usual risque doings.

Having said what I wanted I was passed some slip-on sandals and showed into a massage chamber to the left of the counter area.

Inside the chamber, to the right was about 8 leather chairs for foot massage.

Apsaras%20Massage%20Chamber.JPG

To the left were about 6 massage booth’s for Thai massage. Possibly more upstairs’s for oil massage and the package stuff?

Inside the booth...I was shown into it do declothe...

Privacy was ok, just.

The thin wall’s extended up about 5/6s of the way up to the ceiling.

It wasn’t a large booth, nor a small booth, just enough room for the Thai lady to move about in, put your clothes in the corner.

The massage bed was a thin mattress.

The doorway wasn’t a cloth curtain but a real old-school wicker thing, that wrapped up when open, and unwrapped down when closed. It was fairly substantial. You couldn’t easily pull it aside without making a noise.

Full Source Here:

http://www.ontheroadthailand.com/Bangkok/Sukhumvit%20Apsara%20Massage.html

The word Apsara’s mean’s (roughly translated from Sanskrit) ‘heavenly maiden’ or sometimes ‘divine courtesan’s’. Being’s that were supposed to of been all over the place in central asia many ages ago...

They still have real images of them in India on temples etc...

Anyway flash forward to 21st Centurey Bangkok On Sukhumvit Soi 4 / Nana You’ll blink if you miss this place, passing by the bars and other places with Thai lady’s in.

Spilling out of the doorway at this particular massage shop (more a parlour really) were several Thai women certainly making overture’s to that bygone age.

They were somewhat hardened and jaded about the face, yet not what I’d call ugly either.

Definitely no-nonsense women in general. Far from the softy-softy style.

To their credit nearly all wore a ‘uniform’ that was olde-worlde, possibly in further emulation of what the place was called or meant to represent.

It was like long brown/black skirts with a dark top.

One girl didn’t wear it, she seemed a bit more beautiful than the rest and was wearing some tight stylish clothes. I asked if she was just a greeter but she seemed to indicate she could massage too.

Peeking in further behind about four of them I noticed a corridor running for about 20 feet then some stairs. Intriguingly there was a long bench to the right of the corridor, along with a hollowed out section to the left.

So essentially if you walked through it and it was ‘full’ of Thai lady’s you’d be walking a gauntlet so to speak.

It could also serve as a place to perhaps’s make a choice instead of being hemmed in in the bench-corridor.

At this time I was there it was quiet, being early morning so none of that mattered for me. Yet being fairly close to Nana Plaza I expect this place does brisk business during the night-hours.

Yes there was certainly something about the entrance.

On first glance like a location that National Geographic would run an expose on about bordello’s in the heart of calcutta.

It had a risque feel but with the veneer of hospitality.

Not wanting to tarry I made a snap-shot decision on a Thai lady in her mid-20s, one that looked a bit less jaded than the rest.

Up the rough steps and into a lobby / reception area.

Up here it was a world apart from the downstairs’s one of the flesh-market.

Nice music was playing, a well-crafted stone artwork showing mythical maiden-beings of Sanskrit legends etc.

Black furnishings where evident, lit up brightly with artificial light. There was no window’s that I could see, so you had the effect of being enclosed from Nana. Teak flooring finished the effect off.

Yes, definitely up-market and at least trying hard on the sophistication-factor. Almost outclassing it being on Soi 4.

Almost bizarrely there were two coin-operated internet computers to the right, should any massage carousers’s suddenly need to fire off email’s somewhere...

I noticed a price list on the counter and took a fair picture for you all to see. It’s offering the usual plus sports massage, aromatherapy etc.

Also of interest are some package treatments with all kinds of exotic substances, pumice stones and so on. Not really my thing, but might be worth a try sometime.

Deciding to test the capability’s of my Thai lady of choice I went for a Thai Massage for one hour. This was 300 baht.

That way I’d be able to see if there was at least some skill about the place and not just the usual risque doings.

Having said what I wanted I was passed some slip-on sandals and showed into a massage chamber to the left of the counter area.

Inside the chamber, to the right was about 8 leather chairs for foot massage.

To the left were about 6 massage booth’s for Thai massage. Possibly more upstairs’s for oil massage and the package stuff?

Inside the booth...I was shown into it do declothe...

Privacy was ok, just.

The thin wall’s extended up about 5/6s of the way up to the ceiling.

It wasn’t a large booth, nor a small booth, just enough room for the Thai lady to move about in, put your clothes in the corner.

The massage bed was a thin mattress.

The doorway wasn’t a cloth curtain but a real old-school wicker thing, that wrapped up when open, and unwrapped down when closed. It was fairly substantial. You couldn’t easily pull it aside without making a noise.

The actual price for Thai Massage is 200-250 baht for TWO hours. 300 tops (for TWO hours). Moral of the story: don't get it done in farang zones like Nana (unless you're looking for "extras," of course).

Archived