Zte Aircard With Ais Sim: "connect Failed"

gawguy

well *99# is NOT a code for AIS. it merely tells your dialup (modem) connection to create a packet switched data connection as opposed to e.g. an old fashioned circuit switched connection ie. to a isdn number ;)

now what you may however need to configure is the internet APN for AIS often "internet" will do, but I forgot if AIS has a more specific requirement...

and as to HOW to configure such an APN well hopefully your modem software app has a setting for it, but if bought with your AIS SIM it should be preconfigured really?

did it ever work or did u just get it now? else a simple restart of the modem might make it connect!

anyway simply call to ais they should walk u through... :beer:

good luck!

well *99# is NOT a code for AIS. it merely tells your dialup (modem) connection to create a packet switched data connection as opposed to e.g. an old fashioned circuit switched connection ie. to a isdn number ;)

now what you may however need to configure is the internet APN for AIS often "internet" will do, but I forgot if AIS has a more specific requirement...

and as to HOW to configure such an APN well hopefully your modem software app has a setting for it, but if bought with your AIS SIM it should be preconfigured really?

did it ever work or did u just get it now? else a simple restart of the modem might make it connect!

anyway simply call to ais they should walk u through... :beer:

good luck!

OK..Thanks for the response.

"did it ever work or did u just get it now? else a simple restart of the modem might make it connect!"

I've been using the ZTE Modem with DTAC, right now too. But I wanted to try AIS to see if I could get a faster more reliable connection. This was after a girl whipped out her Nokia internet phone with AIS SIM and went online easily, when I couldn't get websites to come up with my aircard with DTAC SIM.

Anyway, I didn't buy the SIM with the Aircard. In fact when I bought it I took my Aircard and the Thai guy said, "Maybe not support. Not sure." Meaning the modem might not support the SIM I was buying. But why is that? If modem connects you to phone networks...why not this network. The Aircard is rated as 3G.

Anyway, I'll be calling AIS for support soon.

BTW what is the difference between Aircard rated 3600 and one rated 7200?

Archived