Ais Multi Sim

radioman

Understand I can get another sim card to put in my tablet that is tied to the same number. Anyone doing this? Is it straightforward?

I already have an unlimited data plan with, I think, 3gb 3g per month limit and want to get the same functionality with the tablet. I presume I will get email and SMS messages on both phone and tablet. No voice calling on the tablet but that's not a problem. Really just want to get away from tethering.

Understand I can get another sim card to put in my tablet that is tied to the same number. Anyone doing this? Is it straightforward?

I already have an unlimited data plan with, I think, 3gb 3g per month limit and want to get the same functionality with the tablet. I presume I will get email and SMS messages on both phone and tablet. No voice calling on the tablet but that's not a problem. Really just want to get away from tethering.

As I understand, you would get a second SIM card with a different phone number and a different data plan. Which means you will get email, but no SMS to your mobile phone number.

• 5 months later...

As I understand, you would get a second SIM card with a different phone number and a different data plan. Which means you will get email, but no SMS to your mobile phone number.

Incorrect, with AIS you get a second SIM card with same number charged to the existing data plan you already have, all mobile functions work just perfect.

The reason I know this is because I got my second SIM fro my iPad last weekend.

P.S. this is on a Post Paid contract I have with AIS, for Pre-Paid not sure it applies.

Incorrect, with AIS you get a second SIM card with same number charged to the existing data plan you already have, all mobile functions work just perfect.

The reason I know this is because I got my second SIM fro my iPad last weekend.

P.S. this is on a Post Paid contract I have with AIS, for Pre-Paid not sure it applies.

OK, I guess it depends on the provider (and/or country?). T-Mobile Germany issued me a second SIM for free, for example for an iPad, but with a different phone number...

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to add AIS now do the multi-sim package unlimited for 899++ so if you

leave 3G on on your tablet no shock bills.

AIS 3G coverage has come leaps and bounds the last 2-3 months, I can get signal in Nontaburi, Pathum Thani, Samet Praken and south Thomburi now something I never got back in February

Dont mention DTAC to me, farkin useless, its not as if I live in Nakorn Nowhere (sathorn to be precise) yet their 3G signal was erratic to say the least and 30% of the time GSM was dropping out and I needed to reboot the phone just to get a cell signal back. I "Ported" my number from DTAC to AIS and that in itself was a performance, DTAC stating that the details I gave AIS did not match their records, I took my contract to DTAC head office and was just about to pull my cock out and have a wank to offer them a DNA sample when they relented, much to my relief, it took a month to get that sorted but "I NEED" to keep the same number.

As for True Vision / True Move, forget them, your number is sold to every advertising agent in SE Asia and 75% of calls / SMS you get from them is just SPAM, and their TV service is also crap 90% repeats and they won't even pay for rights to Euro 2012 football an issue that is going before parliament on Tuesday, yet somehow I had my iPAD using AIS 3G getting a live stream (OK I have to use a VPN) and had it hooked up to my big screen, welcome to 2012 Mekong style.

Rumour has it that TOT, by far the best ISP here IMHO, will get the 3G concession with AIS as their main partner, time will tell.

indeed only time will tell and then maybe not lol!

but wanking at dtac shops have always been a nice thing to do when bored cuz they tend to have quite sexy staff at their front line while ais platinium lounges not bad either (wanking not encouraged though!).

on a side note true customers can be kinda sexy too...

spam is everywhere but yeah perhaps true excels :surprised:

football is overrated, but again so is fucking right :hubbahubba:

I have just filled out my "Civil Infrindgment" papers against True Vision and will submit at Ratchada Court tomorrow morning, failing to provide services advertised I am hitting them for 250 K so at 2% will cost me 5000 baht to have my complaint registered.

Many posts on "Panthip.com" about this issue and many people are taking out civil action against True Vision, at last some Thais are waking up and taking up their legal rights and I am more than happy to join the cause.

True Vision have given a big "Fuck You" to it's subscribers well we are going to give them a big "Fuck You" back ten fold.

18 months ago I would not have had a clue where to start but due to my ongoing litigations against my ex I now happen to know the Thai legal system quite well, as a private civil prosecution I don't need a Thai lawyer, why do I always stir up the shit? Because I can.

One thing I reluctantly agree with my partner is the fact that when AIS (Thaksin) owned UBC before True took over it was far better service.

What is the real background of the TrueVisions / GMM Z dispute?

At first I thought it was GMM Z not allowing True to broadcast the games on their re-broadcasting of the free to air stations. But seems that would be GMM's problem and not True's - so what is really going on?

Archived