Ais Multi Sim

radioman

GMM outdid True for the rights to the games and True Vision would not pay the fee to broadcast the games live, True Vision advertised in their June issue of their schedule magazine all Euro 2012 games would be broadcast live.

i have to be at Ratchada Civil court tomorrow anyway so I decided to make a case against True Vision tomorrow, I have all the forms on my laptop and only took 5 minutes to fill it in, as I said I know the system now and its an easy game to play.

They may reach an agreement on Tuesday hence the reason to sue the bastards beforehand.

Well I submitted my indictment papers against True Vison this morning, accepted by the civil court no problem at all. As I said, if I had no business at Ratchada Civil court today I wouldn't have bothered, but since I was there anyway I just stuck it in, a game is a game.

What is the real background of the TrueVisions / GMM Z dispute?

At first I thought it was GMM Z not allowing True to broadcast the games on their re-broadcasting of the free to air stations. But seems that would be GMM's problem and not True's - so what is really going on?

Grammy has the rights to broadcast the Euro games in Thailand. In addition to selling access through their own boxes, they have setup a revenue sharing plan with the free over the air channels. The free channels show the matches and Grammy gets part of the revenue.

The problem is True Visions shows the free channels on a pass through basis, they pay nothing and get nothing. Grammy said True cannot show the matches over the free channels because the True signal can be watched outside Thailand, violating their contract with FIFA.

Grammy told True they could show the free channels with the matches if they pay a fee (which makes their be seen outside Thailand excuse pretty lame). True is saying why we should have to pay a fee to show a free channel in which we get no share of the advertising revenue?

I tend to agree with True and think they are being unfairly blamed. If anything, Grammy should have to pay True to show the games, since it is increasing their audience and thereby increasing the advertising revenue.

I think peoples dislike of True is getting in the way of an objective look at the issue.

TH

Archived