Davao City

sidsanuk

Hi,

I am having my first trip to PI early in the new year. Just a few days on business in Davao City. My research to date seems to indicate the P4P scene is fairly non existent. i.e. go go bars are banned, whore houses poor quality and the only way to pick up is to take pot luck in the dance clubs. Can't be bothered with that crap as I am fairly 'senior'.

Any tips? Even for a decent massage with a happy ending, if full service is hard to find.

Can't visit P.I. and not try the local delights in one form or another!!

I've been to Zamboanga City which is in the same general region and there were plenty of night clubs there.

I wasn't hunting because I took a girl from Angeles but there seemed to be a respectable number of good looking single women around.

Being the PI I'd have been very surprised if some hadn't been freelancing.

There'll be English speaking trike drivers out the front of the hotel, book one for the night and get him to give you a tour of the nightspots... wink wink nudge nudge.

If you look at the matrimonial boards, you get the feeling that most of the Flippers looking for a guy are from Davao. Folks must want to get out of their.

p.s. Filipinees don't interest me, but I have a colleague who has the hots for them and is always on the boards. It strikes me as most peculiar, since he lives in Bangkok. :hmmm:

Hi,

I am having my first trip to PI early in the new year. Just a few days on business in Davao City. My research to date seems to indicate the P4P scene is fairly non existent. i.e. go go bars are banned, whore houses poor quality and the only way to pick up is to take pot luck in the dance clubs. Can't be bothered with that crap as I am fairly 'senior'.

Any tips? Even for a decent massage with a happy ending, if full service is hard to find.

Can't visit P.I. and not try the local delights in one form or another!!

Thanks for the tips guys. Certainly cannot beat Thai girls in my eyes, but hey, it would be rude to make judgements about Philippino Girls without trying a couple at least! Bit like saying you don't like Som Tam, when you have never even tried it :-)

Have found a few boards around the place with some tips, but Davao does seem like a bit of a backwater. As is it will probably be my one and only trip there, I'd prefer not to waste my time looking for action, but have some clear guidelines on where to go, what's on offer etc.

Any idea how 'guest friendly' the hotels are? I'm staying in one of the best in Davao, which is probably not great for sneaking in girls, but my company booked it.... From what I read, Hotel security like security in all public places is very tight. Is it merely a case of slipping someone a tip? Or better to just find a cheap ST hotel for 'doing the deed'?

Just when I start to think 'Hey, I really should reconsider the PI in 2014 !', something like this hits the news services:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/aussie-kidnapped-for-ransom-in-philippines-20111206-1ofx7.html

This isnt some random crime - its organised and, apparently, systematic. Any foreigner electing to live in the Southern Phillipines clearly needs his head read, but it ties in with the 'random acts of violence' that the (supposedly) Christian North of the islands is infamous for. Shit can happen to you anywhere, particularly in SE Asia, but I hope to stay alive long enough to enjoy a few sunsets with my Tilac.

It's unusual for them to target Westerners in ransom related kidnappings, they know their governments oppose any payments.

The preferred targets are usually the kids of the Chinese community who pay up immediately.

This type of thing gets a lot of publicity along with robbery related murders but the honest truth is that most Westerners who die in the Philippines either drink themselves to death or are killed in traffic accidents.

the honest truth is that most Westerners who die in the Philippines either drink themselves to death or are killed in traffic accidents.

Thanks, Julian, but I'm not sure that you've cheered me up here - can I opt for 'sexual exhaustion' or something more in line with my non-driving (in Asia), teetotalling (in my dreams ..) ways ? Nothing like sitting in front of PI TV for 12 hours a day, wondering what the fuck I'm going to do when a typhoon hits the islands. :stirthepo

All of the typhoons I experienced over there consisted of rain, rain and more rain. People died from floods and mudslides rather than being blown away.

There are better options to the TV if your trapped in a hotel for days anyway... what do you think the girls are doing while the bars are closed?

Archived