Chiang Mai And The Big Beat. Part Uno.

dave32

Back in the states. Sigh. Wrote this up in Chiang Mai but never finished. Will finish it later.

Aye lads, it's a gripping tale. Or, ummm, something. :)

------

Chiang Mai and the big beat

Got into Chiang Mai about 7pm. Spent the past 4 days in Bangkok. The usual. Lot of drinking, women, little sleep. Blah blah blah. Physically spent, spiritually starving. Checked into the Raming lodge on Leu Kreung Road and took a little walk.

Didn't make it far. Attractive thing with a tan, a smoldering sensuality, and an overt athleticism dragged me into her tiny bar. I didn't put up much of a fight. Ann from Surin. 26. Has a kid. Has a motorbike. She also had a magical power in those thighs and I could sense it coursing through her in her movement and mannerisms. Bingo. I won't be moving.

An hour or so goes by, and I'm making an attempt to wind-down and relax, minding my business & enjoying a drink with this Isaan queen, when a couple backpackers walk in - one a decent fellow, reserved -- the other -- boorish, loud and dumb. Oh joy.

One just sits there staring blatantly at Ann, unfortunately it's the dipshit of the two. He offers to buy her a drink which she declines. Finally he walks over and in a snide voice oozing with condescension: "how are your English lessons Ann? Was John able to teach you anything?" "Or do you have a new teacher now???" (nodding towards me). Now it wasn't what he was saying but this guy was snide and obnoxious and --- I closed my eyes. Bit my lip. "Sorry, I only know a little English. Ich bin Deutsch" He started mubling to his mate something along the lines of: "Fucking cunt is fucking Jerries now." (Never heard that one before, Jerries????). And he went on along this line for a couple more moments within earshot. She didn't understand but I felt the mean red streak coming. I see it. I want to avoid it.

Walk over and extend a hand: 'how ya doing?' He was a bit startled and had no choice but to take it. Then I squeezed hard and leaned in close and spoke softly. "At first your running commentary was amusing. Then it wasn't. Why don't you fuck off outta here." Keine, macht fur dich, mehr. Could see the alarm on his face and regretted it. Regretted that I lost control in a foreign environment where I know nobody and it was stupid. To date, my one and only act of any sort of agression in LoS. Anyway, the twit left. His friend stayed. For a moment I thought about what would happen if he returned with numbers, but it wasn't to be. Played a couple games of pool with his mate who turned out to be a decent fellow and was obviously embarrassed.

After a couple hours I asked Ann what there was to do in Chiang Mai. "You want to go dancing?" "Hmmmmm, sure." Barfine was a whopping 300 baht and we were off to 'Hotshots' to see some sort of Thai pop dancing/singing group. Kind of boy band meets girl band meets big band. It was actually cool, had a horn section in the background that was talented and enjoyed it.

"P'Dave, what do you want to drink?" "How about the bottle service Nong-Ann, Johnny Walker black?" "Oooooiiiiiieeeeeee" she squealed. "Can I call my friends?"

"yep"

I didn't realize that I would soon be at a table with 8 Isaan girls with appetites rivalled only by a school of pirahnna honing in on a slab of bloody meat. I lost track of names and who was who. After a few hours the bottle ran dry. "P'Dave, lets go somewhere else"

"yep"

It had to be about 2am and I find myself in a place packed to the gills with attractive freelancers, backpacker scourge (think 21 year old white dudes with fake dreadlocks), and a motley assortment of expats and tourists. It's a crazy mixed-up world. (Note, the night after this I would collapse late afternoon in exhaustion and sleep till late in the evening, then post on t360 that I was thinking of checking out an after hours place called 'spice,' not realizing that i had been there the night prior).

More girls who were friends of Ann coming and going, must've met 20 people. I was too tired to care or do anything but observe it all unfolding in detachment. Was also a wee bit mao and spent the time sipping on a single Singha. Spice finally closes

It's got to be about fucking 4 or 5am now and we're sitting in a tuk-tuk with another girl going somewhere else ---> it's some sort of clandestine karaoke place for thais that never closes. So we sit in a room and get drinks and I watch these two serenade each other, then me, then a legion of imaginary lovers, suitors, tormentors. Fuck me I'm tired. I stretch out and close my eyes.

In a tuk tuk again. And I find myself in a thai girl's apartment with 4 other girls, one of whom - Bom - is very fucking annoying. She's butt ugly . Oh, fuck me -- these girls are just getting started with the drinking again.

Suddenly a voice says --> "P'Dave, you want to smoke some marijuana?" Hmmm. I make them reassure me that there isn't a trace of yabba in it. Cause I want nothing to do with that shit. After repeated solemn vows on the Buddha I'm still not sure. I ponder on all those horror stories of falang rotting away in some fetid tiny cell for a minor drug transgression, of tales of entrapement and extortion....

"Uhhhhhh, ok, just one hit" :)

And it was nothing.

I woke up in a hot apartment without aircon in the afternoon. Some unknown malignant spirit had chosen to wedge a supernatural screwdriver into my temple and I felt a very mean scheisse coming on. Ann had her thighs scisorred around me in a death grip. Another strange woman was sprawled half over us. Another on the floor a few feet away. Checked my wallet, everything there. Interesting.

"P'Dave, wake up. You want to go to the lake?"

"Sure Nong-Ann, but right now I have to go to the bathroom really really bad" (and I felt the fiery shit battling to escape my bowels). Where the freak is the hong nam?

She laughed and told me I had to go down the hall to a communal toilet. Got in there and rut roh... how does this thing work.

I managed to get most of it in the right place and figure out the manual flushing method.

6465076857_88d572ea3d_z.jpg

Yeah, I could tell it was going to be an interesting day already.

the alcohol tab was significant. oh well. :)

the girls didn't ask me for a cent. but that wasn't some wild sex escapade i described above, i passed out and woke up with my clothes on and sweating -- though I do wonder whether at at some point Ann was dry humping me while I slept. She was squeezing the life out of me with those legs when I woke up.

It was kinda nice to have a night off. An amnesty period if you will.

Ann was quite the character and we would spend some more time together the next night, and the next - might wrap this up with a part 2. I like her and hope the best for her. Raw, alive, unapologetic.

the alcohol tab was significant. oh well. :)

the girls didn't ask me for a cent. but that wasn't some wild sex escapade i described above, i passed out and woke up with my clothes on and sweating -- though I do wonder whether at at some point Ann was dry humping me while I slept. She was squeezing the life out of me with those legs when I woke up.

It was kinda nice to have a night off. An amnesty period if you will.

Ann was quite the character and we would spend some more time together the next night, and the next - might wrap this up with a part 2. I like her and hope the best for her. Raw, alive, unapologetic.

yes i know the feelings of a night off.

i like a good night out and quite often like to just sleep back in the hotel,but the mornings are a different matter... :hubbahubba:

i've always liked going out with my particular lady on each trip but i am sure seen as an easy touch when their friends turn up and get as many drinks out of me as they can.

these days if any girl asks me for a drink i ask for a BJ in return and start to undo my trousers.

right there in the bar and they soon get running...

but i have no problems with buying drinks/food for friends if i know them,i just don't like girls coming out the woodwork and being expected to spend cash because i am told 'my friend'.

but i have no problems with buying drinks/food for friends if i know them,i just don't like girls coming out the woodwork and being expected to spend cash because i am told 'my friend'.

My favorite is when they introduce so and so as their 'sister,' and they look nothing alike.

Yeah, my drink buying gets a bit silly (read: stupid) at times. Trust me, I've heard about it from my friends. In the story above I wasn't buying everyone drinks all night - after we left hotshots I footed the bill for Ann and that was it, but still it was excessive.

On the flip side, the drinks means something to the bargirls, deckhands and what not. Especially now that it's so fucking slow. I already got chewed out on this trip from my irked mates. First day I met up with them we walked into morning/night and it was dead except for a couple pool players. The girls were all sitting at the rail tired from the heat and probably hadn't made anything all day. I sat next to a couple cute ones and said -- "ya know, this is very fucking boring in here, YOU and YOU please go get a drink. Also, I want Som Tom Lao ped mak mak, with sticky rice and a couple chicken legs, here's the money, whoever gets it also gets a drink". BAM, suddenly there was some life in the place. :) Unfortunately though, everybody then came over and wanted one, eventually it was too much of a hassle and I couldn't hardly talk to the person I was interested in because of the crowd.

I almost always will buy the waitresses a drink or give them a decent tip. As for the rest, will figure it out one day.

Ya wanna hear another one? I got dragged down to Pattaya for a few days and my friends love the airport gogo bar. Now, I'm ok with gogos but I like to chill and I do NOT like cramped space. That place had people squeezed in like sardines, I had friends to my left, obnoxious hooligan wannabes to my right. Fuck this. One of these guys was slagging the waitress because she brought him a Chang when he wanted a Singha. Real fucking moron. This girl was attractive too.

So I bought her a drink. Chatted as much as it was possible in there, her friend came over. They were airing their woes and I said -- fuck it, you wanna go somewhere else? They thought I was joking. I said nah... lets go. You guys pick, I don't care where. "Are you serious -- you pay bar(fine)?" Yep. Checkbin, lets go. I never seen girls get changed so fast, I think they were afraid I was gonna leave. My friends were like -- what the fuck are you doing!? "I'll see you guys later." :)

So I told the waitresses, lets get away from here. What's good in Pattaya. "Are you sure?" Yep. Next thing you know I'm on a kinda long taxi ride and we're out in what seems like the middle of nowhere and we come up to a club called "Hollywood" Most Thais, handful of Falang. Several acts on stage. Bottle service required before you could walk in the door.

Another big bar bill but one of the best nights I had. Shit you not.

But yeah, you're still right. Kinda. :)

thanks dave.

your stories mirror some of my experiences.

luckily enough while i'm with a regular girl from a bar/go-go these days i rarely get the other girls coming up to me wanting a drink,other girls soon get the message i am with one person and am not interested in anyone else.

if i do know the friends well then i will buy a drink and ONLY one.

i can just wave my hand at them if i want to say no and leave me alone.

i just get annoyed when in a regular bar with 3/4 staff who make comments/gestures about wanting a drink,sometimes it is relentless and just makes me leave.

my fave lady of all time was a dek serve who informed a friend of her that she liked the look of me and i was surprised as at the time i did'nt think they were available.

she was 34 at the time but a complete darling and after 11 years she still sends me a birthday/christmas card each year.

in her go-go i am great friends with a dek serve who has been a great friend for many years,whenever i walk in she rushes up and gives me a big cuddle and i always buy her drinks.

she is certainly not my type and i would never dream of taking her out but she is so good at knowing what i want and is very aggressive in telling the dancing girls to leave me alone.

Man, you lot must be hansum men. I rarely try to barfine a waitress, but the few times I have its inevitably greeted with some hooha about 'cant go with customer'. I suspect that the fact that I'm usually with a girl confuses them, but surely 'the more the merrier' when on holidays, right mates ? Er, mates ?

<sounds of crickets chirping>

Archived