Chiang Mai And The Big Beat. Part Uno.

dave32

Man, you lot must be hansum men. I rarely try to barfine a waitress, but the few times I have its inevitably greeted with some hooha about 'cant go with customer'. I suspect that the fact that I'm usually with a girl confuses them, but surely 'the more the merrier' when on holidays, right mates ? Er, mates ?

<sounds of crickets chirping>

as i say this particular waitress made it known of her interest in me,she picked me.

i imagine some are available and some are not.

my day-time bar in patong has around 12 staff but none are available while in working hours.

but arrangements can be made to see them after they finish work.

i think most are sponsored by foreigners and happy to just work and then have a night out.

but i get the impression sex is not on the menu which is a real shame.

i've tried long and hard with a couple of hotties but while they want drinks everyday they leave the bar and maybe give me a kiss on the cheek but usually a handshake saying 'see you tomorrow'.

Nice story. Sorry I missed you when you were in Pattaya.

Next time Expat. Honestly - had a good time in Pattaya and stayed two days after my friends went back to BKK (had already made reservations and they changed the dates). I still wonder how you can stay there long term without losing your mind. And there is kind of an excess of wayward punters lurking around. :)

btw Gobble, one of my mates, who's a dentist in the states and makes about quadruple what I do and is a fairly nice & successful guy, was there at airport when I left with the two waitresses so later in the week he decided to pursue a waitress in Baccara on Cowboy. She said no. It fucked up his mojo for a night or two.

I wonder where the whole 'sponsorship' thing started evolving. Actually had women hinting at it towards me this time. If it's as widespread as it seems, that's a bit... interesting.

Other observations:

Padding someone's bill who spends a lot is common. Learn how to read a checkbin and what those numbers mean.

BGs on the dayshift are likely married or have boyfriends, and those can be Thai or Falang.

BGs/Dancers who only go ST = same.

BGs/Dancers/Waitresses/Dekhands all run in large cliques and will guide you to their 'people' and steer you away from others in a subtle way. They are also the ones that will mark your bill with a drink or two for their friends, could be someone you never even met or spoke to.

I still wonder how you can stay there long term without losing your mind.

I've been here more than a decade, and I'm just fine.

You wrote this after you finished several pages with "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy", right? chinaman.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn95GI4ZQmI

Archived