Jennifer Aniston Voted Hottest Woman Of All Time

zzzz

Guys, I'm going to have to go with the oldsters on this - I dont know if it was just the lighting, or the weird technicolor backgrounds, but many of the screen idols from the 30s right up to the 60s were WAY hotter than the flotsam and jetsam that the media serves up to us today. Anniston is totally sexless in my eyes, although I do like Salma Hayek, Sofia Vergara and Penelope Cruz.

Getting back to the ladies of yesteryear, the lighting and makeup guys in those days really knew how to make a woman light up a room, and she didn't need to have so much as a button undone on her blouse. We think of the last 30 years as the era of tight skirts - take another look at some of those old movies, and they looked absolutely fantastic in everything they wore. Having spent time around hundreds of women in khaki uniforms over 4 years in the Army, I can assure you that very few look as good as the gals in those WWII films.

On the downside, Hollywood just hasn't got any better in its portrayal of Asian women, and I far prefer women like Gong Li in Chinese productions. Watched '55 Days at Peking' last weekend, and some of the woeful attempts at making Caucasian actors appear Chinese were criminal - by contrast, 'Bridge on the River Kwai' employed Asians to play Asians - who can forget our Limey mate turning to his beautiful Thai bearer and saying 'You're lovely, you are'. They might have filmed it in Sri Lanka, but it looked real enough to me.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The actresses in the BORK were Thai. They were flown there to Ceylon, since the studio considered Kanchanaburi "too remote". :p

Bizarre, isnt it, when you consider what Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) would have been like back then. I guess one was a Brit colony (or former Brit colony) and the other wasnt - if that was the criteria, I would have thought parts of Malaysia (pre Palm Oil monoculture ..) would have been a better spot, but thats showbiz. The Thai extras (one of the males had a speaking part, from memory) must have thought they had died and gone to heaven when offered the roles - their kids are probably still very proud of it today. Alec Guinnes and other Brits on set reportedly felt that the French writer responsible for the tale had deliberately torpedoed the British by having them (willingly) collaborate with the Japanese to build the bridge, but it appears that they were all willing to cash their cheques when shooting finished.

Archived