Obama: Plain Stupid Or Naieve?

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cav time!

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting. Well, for example, the other day, Kate, my wife and I went into town and visited a shop.

When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket. We went up to him and I said, 'Come on, man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?'

He ignored us and continued writing the ticket.

I called him an asshole.

He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn-out tires.

So Kate called him a shit head.

He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing more tickets.

This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Finally, our bus arrived, and we got on it and went home.

We always look for cars with "OBAMA 2012" stickers. We try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired. It's important at our age.

Cav time!

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting. Well, for example, the other day, Kate, my wife and I went into town and visited a shop.

When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket. We went up to him and I said, 'Come on, man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?'

He ignored us and continued writing the ticket.

I called him an asshole.

He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn-out tires.

So Kate called him a shit head.

He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing more tickets.

This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Finally, our bus arrived, and we got on it and went home.

We always look for cars with "OBAMA 2012" stickers. We try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired. It's important at our age.

:elephant::beer::cheerleader::grinyes:

Allegedly, Powell promised his wife he wouldn't run. She was afraid he'd be shot. Powell would have been far better though, tons of experience to offer - and no chip on his shoulder. He was raised in a normal loving family.

There was a rumor his wife has suffered from depression or she has some sort of emotional issue that he feared would get out. Don't know the veracity of those rumors but its been said in a few circles concerns from his wife was the main reason he didn't run.

Bringing home the troops was the right thing? Obama took too long to do the right thing but McCain had won he would not have done that. So, we are blaming Obama for taking too long that the Republicans wouldn't have done in the first place? :biggrin:

In other news. Gonna put this hear as some would consider it U.S. news but I think its not anyway....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Man-arrested-for-punching-son-at-youth-basketbal?urn=highschool-wp9968

52-year-old Steven Wilson was arrested and charged with fifth-degree domestic assault after he reportedly grabbed his son and punched him in the face after a loss. Witnesses reported seeing Wilson and his eighth-grade son -- whose name was not released -- walking down a hallway at Lakeville South (Minn.) High when the father grabbed the boy with one arm and began punching him in the face with the other.

One has to think its not the first time he's done that to his son. 8th grade!! WTF! If the kid was a strapping 17 or 18 year old it would still be bad but 8th friggin' grade? I know some of you may criticize me for this (and I couldn't blame you), but I don't want him to lose custody of the kid. Just told that if there is an inkling that the kid has been hit again, he's going to go to jail and the possibility of separating the kid from him on a permanent basis. Also, he has to attend one of those anger management, family counsel thingies we all hear about.

I was glad I had parents who let me be a kid and didn't pressure me when it came to sports. My older brothers were huge supporters though, two in particular who attended every game and thought I was much better than I actually was...bless their hearts. lol. I was a good runner but to them I was Usain Bolt and no one was faster than me. Even when I lost.

Parents and kids sports can get really crazy, brawls among the spectators are commonplace in Australia.

One of my favourite writers. Pat Conroy based many of the characters in his books and similar incidents on his own father, a marine pilot, who struggled when dealing with his children.

He was quite a guy though, when Conroy's semi-autobiographical "The Great Santini" was filmed, he supposedly insisted on being there when the father was buried, saying he would be the only person to ever attend his own funeral twice.

Obama ran on a pledge of bringing the troops home. Folks just didn't realise it would take him 3 more years to do so. :hmmm:

Speedy Gonzales he ain't.

Obama tried to exit with as much dignity as possible for the sake of the personnel who died needlessly in a war based on lies.

Would you rather have seen troops scrambling aboard helicopters from the roof of the Baghdad embassy during his first week in office.

:beer:

Archived