Obama: Plain Stupid Or Naieve?

Hugh_Hoy

In international affairs, Obie has done surprisingly well. It is on the domestic front that he has been a disaster. The problem is the Republicans aren't putting up anyone who looks very good either. Ron Paul is probably the best of the lot, though he is unlikely to get the nomination. He is an outsider with few connections to the political power structure. The Newt leave me thinking, "Yeah, he's smart, but he's a fruit cake." Romney leaves me yawning. Do we really need a president who thinks an uneducated New York farmer translated some mysterious gold tablets using the Urim and Thumim (which the Old Testament says were gemstones on the Israeli high priest's breast plate) and thus learned all about Jesus roaming around America and preaching to the Lost Tribes of Israel? (This is as nutty as Tom Cruse.) Right now I'd like to do without a president for a while and see what happens.

Gingrich's legacy to conservative politics is the GOPAC memo, a brilliant document that changed the face of public debate. All pretence of polite discourse ended with this, nothing else mattered but blackening the name of your opponents and frightening the public.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article4443.htm

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gingrich's legacy to conservative politics is the GOPAC memo, a brilliant document that changed the face of public debate. All pretence of polite discourse ended with this, nothing else mattered but blackening the name of your opponents and frightening the public.

http://www.informati...article4443.htm

Fox et al have learnt from this. Recently it came out the Fox is giving out strikt rules how to name government projects, and the naming contains always an anti-govermental twist. It is no wonder that terms like "Death Panels" or "Obamacare" are being used in regard to health care.

Archived