Passport Renewal Glitch

FatJosh

This was written 48 hours ago. What was the result??

It isn't happening, as was obvious I guess from the lack of response from the passport tracking system.

Apparently there is a Warrent from florida that has magically appeared; I haven't even been to florida for 13 years, and had no problems having my passport reissued in 2002, and additional pages added in 2007 (2009?).

I asked Mr Andrew if there wasn't a way of double-checking the legality of the warrent, he has more connections than I at the moment.

Still not entirely convinced that there isn't some other issue and this just got cooked up as an excuse.

Agreed about the attitude outside and in... the only time I ever got to talk to a real Australian there was when I went to vote once.

Not sure how you get to blame the Rudd government for it though, it was exactly the same when that lying piece of shit Howard was selling the country off.

Hey, I dont place much stock in ANY of them : both parties have complete clowns in powerful positions, and both have hard workers who have been dragged down by the numbskulls who spend more time playing politics than actually doing something for the country.

Wanker and Colin Powell slumming on the internet, what is the result... Obama?

I try to protect you guys but what do I have to work with: a $20 flare launcher, and you make a trojan-war sized fuss about that. (quite a clever little thing,really; just keep it away from Cap'n Ron.)

Agreed about the attitude outside and in... the only time I ever got to talk to a real Australian there was when I went to vote once.

Not sure how you get to blame the Rudd government for it though, it was exactly the same when that lying piece of shit Howard was selling the country off.

Embassies once upon a time were rather friendly places. I worked for Australian Development Aid in the mid 1980s and used to go to the Oz embassy to get paid. No "Fort Apache" look in those days and I always dealt with Aussies. The embassy looked beautiful and inviting, more so than the US embassy. Now both places look like prisons. :(

I remember Saigon's embassy on Sathorn Road. It was a friendly, wide open place with people who would smile and wave as you walked past. When Hanoi finally overran the South and the Thais let Hanoi take over the embassy, it immediately changed. High walls went up, complete with rifle slits. An iron gate was locked all the time - and this was long before the current embassy security procedure standards. I remember how shocked Thais were when Hanoi turned their embassy into a bunker. It was as different as day and night. Now they all look like that.

Hey, I dont place much stock in ANY of them : both parties have complete clowns in powerful positions, and both have hard workers who have been dragged down by the numbskulls who spend more time playing politics than actually doing something for the country.

What a wonderful country this one would be if just half of them did exactly that... even QLD!! :neener:

The key might be to phrase questions to them in such a way as to preclude a simple yes or no response. When asked how they might help you you would respond with something such as "Please tell me what is happening with my passport application blah blah" or some such.

Asking questions that allow simple answers rarely provides comfort at a level comprehensive enough with which to feel satisfied.

Since they the embassy said they would contact me, not vica versa the responsibility (or in this case irresponsibility) rests squarely on their shoulders.

Mr. Andrew gave me a pretty solid "no" but then followed it by a "maybe" and a slip of paper that said my passport would be ready in two weeks, that grey area you were talking about is definitely there.

If one is charged with a crime there is a certain protocol which should be followed; rights read, legal search and seizure, etc. (Didn't see it in sarasota) Likewise, just taking my passport without explaining why or properly justifying it is wrong, but this is the deep dark woods and noone gives a gosh darn.

Unless you are a member of congress, of course in which case yours is the country of freedom and rights blah blah blah (sell it to the Thais, if you can)... and you actually might get to exercise a few of them.

Archived