Miss Puke Massage..

Ryder

From the outside Miss Puke's is somewhat 'mixed' in with three other massage shops. On the one side is Marble Massage and on the other is Assay Massage. This creates the effect of them all being one big massage complex. Yet they are all separate as far as I can tell. The name 'Miss Puke' conjur's up negative thoughts, yet in Thailand I figured that such stereotypes should be humoured, if only for research purpose...

Miss%20Puke%20Massage.JPG

Three Thai women were sat outside and I made what I reckoned was the best choice of the bunch, young 20s and fresh-faced. One of the other two was a Katoey, while inside there was one lounging about as well. The girl I picked was youthfully attractive but inexperienced as I was later to learn.

Miss%20Puke%20Massage%20Doors.JPG

Inside it was clean. Dark grey speckled tiles gleamed. The cream walls had seen better days.

Foot massage seats on the right and the reception on the left. Nice decor, but decor isn't what makes the massage. I ask for a Thai Massage which is 300 baht for one hour. Observing the price list I notice that Miss Puke's offers wide services, yet pricier than the average. A music station was set-up but nothing was being played over any speakers in the shop, upstairs or downstairs.

Miss%20Puke%20Massage%20Prices.JPG

This being a mid-range massage shop I'm asked to put on flip-flops. Yet not before the massage girl has brought over a foot bath. I wash my feet in it. No water or tea is offered, but I ask and she brings some up with us to the next level. Here the teak decor comes out along with some old-school Thai massage booths.

Only one booth looks to be occupied and accordingly she heads over to the opposite end. The massage booths are divided by wicker curtains on the sides, the wall and a thick curtain at the entrance. A toilet (but no shower) is at the end of the room. There's another set of stairs going to the next floor. I'm guessing that's where the oil massage goes on. It's highly likely to be the same set-up as the first floor with no private shower or room.

Miss%20Puke%20Massage%20Shop.JPG

I get changed into the massage pajama's and just have time to get some pictures of the booth before she's back again. Laying down the bed is quick thick, but not solid.

The massage itself from this one was fairly knowledgable and forthright initially, but inexperience soon drifted in.

She was not hefty lady, being slender but had finger joints that were like dowels of iron.

Full Review Here: http://www.ontheroadthailand.com/Bangkok/Siam%20Square%20Miss%20Puke%20Massage.html

Thanks for the report on Ms Puke's establishment.

Massages, such as the one you experienced, could prove to be very bad for you and for the rest of your visit.

These people could do untold damage if they don't know what they're doing or don't do it correctly.

I've had a few massages from time to time. Some offered to walk on my back - no thanks. I've already a bad back for which I have to go to a Chiropractor to sort out.

I know from experience that if your back goes out of alignment then basically you're f....ed. I ended up for a long time (not massage related) not being able to straighten up and in terrible pain.

It was a nightmare going to bed and getting up and also sitting down. It took me maybe 5 minutes to get into bed and another 5 minutes to get out of it.

Your back is a very delicate piece machinery and if one of these ladies doesn't know what they're doing then the rest of your stay in Thailand could be a very painful one unless you can get sorted out professionally.

Good report and obviously a place best avoided.

do people on this board go for a massage with the idea of extras?.

i like a massage and find many of the bargirls can give a decent one which are relaxing and i feel good after,but obviously not prorerly trained.

yes i know where to go to get the extras afterwards but the best i ever had was from a lady in her 30's and vastly overweight but she certainly knew what she was doing.

i will probably go back and see her in the next couple of weeks and let her loosen me up.

In my early days in Bangkok I paid weekly visits to the Chawala MP on Sri Ayutthaya Road. It was a genuine MP and "extras" weren't supposed to be allowed. But I sometimes got them anyway, since I had regular girls, was still young and they were bored.

Nowadays I'm told the Chawala still gives a real massage, but the girls hit you for money for a BJ. Times change.

I'm too embarrassed to go to an MP these days because the once slender waist they always commented on has increased several inches in girth. :(

do people on this board go for a massage with the idea of extras?.

I certainly don't.

For massage as well in regard to sex I prefer to go to professionals: massage ladys for trad. massage at day, BGs at night.

Last time in BKK went every other day for a trad. massage and always declined any extras offered. Actually for me experience and good schooling are much more important than looks in regard to a trad. Thai massage.

In my experience the older massage ladies have better skills than those young beauties with just two weekend classes in Thai massage at Wat Po.

As Hamokhamok said before: a badly done massage can make things worse - or it's just wasted money.

Archived