Europe

Steve

The Greek people seem unreasonale from where I'm standing. I could be a victim of media bias. My view is cut the ties, let the Greeks deal with their own stuff. They'll learn (or not) that they can't have their cake and eat it too. Cut them loose from the euro. They created their own problem, got offered help with some conditions. They can't expect to get help without conditions and if they are not of a mind to abide by them, f^ck 'em. That's exactly what I would say were I one of the power players and at a meeting: F*ck 'em (in a Philly accent to emphasize it)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Greek people seem unreasonale from where I'm standing.

totally correct !

My view is cut the ties, let the Greeks deal with their own stuff.

major problem as that will cost "us" way too much money, cheaper to bail them out, and they know it !

BB

The thing is ,the Greeks are right in a way - the austerity measures are killing the patient - their economy is collapsing so its going to be even more dificult to repay the debt.There doesnt seem any easy way out of the situation except to carry on subsidising the poorer southern Euro countries or risk a total eurozone breakup.

or neutralise their total debt.....that is what they are hoping for, and more and more voices in Europe are claiming this to be the solution, no punishment, but a reward for being a bad boy... :closemouth:

Maybe it depends on the country which narrative is spread by the media. In Germany the narrative moves to the direction that Greek will go bankrupt and has to leave the Euro zone. I guess the reason is, that Germany would have to pay largest part in an additional bailout....

Guest lazyphil

we in the uk seem to be borrowing money from some ponzi fund to give aid to india who have a space program....mind boggling :banghead:

So, if what I'm reading is correct on here, its 'cheaper to keep her', her being Greece in the euro. If that's so, and the Greeks know that and hearing how they are determined to maintain their present nanny state and benefits, then it seems a possible scenario is for them to agree to some austerity measures, get the money and simply abandon the agreement and start doing their own thing.

Hmmm...maybe its Asia that is the next big economic power. The 2nd and 3rd largest economies are already there. Korea is a G20 nation, the Philipines is poor but growing at a nice clip despite the worldwide recession. Vietnam has been growing for a while as well or at

Archived