Marry Down, Marry Out

think_too_mut

The problem is easily solved. Just don't get married. :up:

Which means in regard to a relationship between a Farang and a Thai, that almost probably you won't have a longterm relationship unless you marry the TG.

The only exception would be that the Farang moves to LOS permanently, but in this case the TG would not even be able to visit Farang's home country for a few days (especially if he is coming from an EU country).

PS: The only way bring a TG to Germany is on a marriage visa. But this is really hard to obtain. Besides the usual interview, the TG has to pass a German language exam, for which she has to take a several month long intensive language course (which is not cheap neither)...

PS/PS: The result is that there are only very few young Thai prostitutes in Germany. Most are over 30, probably returning to the trade after failed marriages or so...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"but in this case the TG would not even be able to visit Farang's home country for a few days (especially if he is coming from an EU country). "

Why not? My wife went to Holland for 2 weeks before we got married, and then again a second time when we got married in Holland.

There is no difference in the visa application between before and after we got married. (I think there *should* be a difference, but well.. there isn't :( )

Sanuk!

.. The only way bring a TG to Germany is on a marriage visa.

This was not to travel to Japan, stay a month and go back. That could be arranged with some hassles but was doable.

It was about 3-years family visa with all the perks (social security, free health insurance, everything except getting bank loans and voting in elections). She is on Japanese Pension books, entitled to pension (based on my contributions)and would probably get a prorata pension of 6-7,000B as she won't be clocking up 25 years in Japan. We should become permanent residents in 2014.

Actually, the officer at Japanese Immigration told me that unmarried couples can join in Japan if their country (or countries, Australia and Thailand) recognize such marriage. So, if we were "married" in Australia without marriage (providing she gets into there and manages to stay), they would let her join me without marriage certificate.

Then our child, my job and visa history and things would come into play and help the cause.

But Thailand does not recognize that kind of union and I had no time (months or years) to perform the dance in Oz.

The child could come at any time, mother married, unmarried or even passed away, does not matter.

Hi,

"but in this case the TG would not even be able to visit Farang's home country for a few days (especially if he is coming from an EU country). "

Why not? My wife went to Holland for 2 weeks before we got married, and then again a second time when we got married in Holland.

There is no difference in the visa application between before and after we got married. (I think there *should* be a difference, but well.. there isn't :( )

Sanuk!

When was it? I guess before the so called "Schengen rules".

There is a German Thailand forum with dozens of stories of Germans trying to bring their BG to Germany. Tourist visas for a *BG* are absolutely impossible to obtain. A Thai women only gets a visa if she can prove that she has stable income and/or personal assets like a house (for to avoid Thai BGs making a working holiday in Germany). The times of "Mail Order Brides" from Asia are over. As I said a Thai has to go through an interview and needs a German language certificate (which can't be faked, since the exam has to be taken at the German culture institute in BKK (Goethe Institute).

This was not to travel to Japan, stay a month and go back. That could be arranged with some hassles but was doable.

It was about 3-years family visa with all the perks (social security, free health insurance, everything except getting bank loans and voting in elections). She is on Japanese Pension books, entitled to pension (based on my contributions)and would probably get a prorata pension of 6-7,000B as she won't be clocking up 25 years in Japan. We should become permanent residents in 2014.

Actually, the officer at Japanese Immigration told me that unmarried couples can join in Japan if their country (or countries, Australia and Thailand) recognize such marriage. So, if we were "married" in Australia without marriage (providing she gets into there and manages to stay), they would let her join me without marriage certificate.

Then our child, my job and visa history and things would come into play and help the cause.

But Thailand does not recognize that kind of union and I had no time (months or years) to perform the dance in Oz.

The child could come at any time, mother married, unmarried or even passed away, does not matter.

I guess Japan and Australia/OZ aren't that strict as Germany/Europe has become in the past years.

...I guess Japan and Australia/OZ aren't that strict as Germany/Europe has become in the past years.

There is something called "Entertainment Visa" that is issued to those foreigners working in Disneyland, Universal studios, foreign venues and also to foreign women working in hostess bars (Filipinas, Korean, Chinese, Thai, Russian). The bars are not bare prostitution but 100$ an hour "talking" with a hostess.

Once, Patpong, I tried to enter into one, entry was refused unless I had a Japanese national (in Bangkok) to take me in.

In Japan, yakuzas run most of that business, the girls don't come to prostitution venues but may easily be thrown into one the day 1.

Somehow it is tolerated and incidents are rare, at the end of the day "Entertainment visa" rarely means a stand up comedian or a magician. Yakuzas control and maintain invisibility and low profile.

Some years ago a Brit friend was taken to one of those Soi Thaniya bars (next to Patpong) by his Japanese business partner. He would not have been admitted alone. Even so, he said he got dirty looks from some of the Japanese men. It was definitely their turf and they wanted no one else there.

Some years ago a Brit friend was taken to one of those Soi Thaniya bars (next to Patpong) by his Japanese business partner. He would not have been admitted alone. Even so, he said he got dirty looks from some of the Japanese men. It was definitely their turf and they wanted no one else there.

That's typical Japanese. In Japan 99% of all P4P venues are off limits for Gaijins - unless you are introduced by a Japanese. That is one reason why P4P is so expensive in Tokyo: Compared to other Asian capitals there isn't much choice for Gaijins.

Been several times in Tokyo and Nagoya with my colleagues, no dirty looks. Manager quickly found some girl that speaks English.

There is a good reason for avoiding non-Japanese.

After 3 hours of talk and getting drunk (the hostess pours you whisky not better than Mekong) you are presented with 400-500-600$ bill per head.

If there were say 3-4 foreign buddies, a protest and fight is almost innevitable. Why 500$? I did not touch her, let alone fucked her?!

Westerners don't have (and mostly don't understand) that concept of (paid and sexless) entertainment and Japanese simply don't let them in rather then fighting or clearing the mess afterwards.

In BKK those prices are about 20-30% of what they are in Japan and girls working there consider themselves the luckiest of all in the industry. I knew some, they were on 15-20K baht a night without any sex.

Westerners don't have that idea of entertainment when going to BKK, would make problems (that is why a Japanese has to take them in which means they understand what they are coming into).

Hi,

When was it? I guess before the so called "Schengen rules".

1999 IIRC, and I think it was Schengen already at that point.

2nd trip was end of 2000.

There is a German Thailand forum with dozens of stories of Germans trying to bring their BG to Germany. Tourist visas for a *BG* are absolutely impossible to obtain.

No idea, but the Netherlands Embassy was usually full when we went to get a visa, and plenty of the couples were of 'we met in Pattaya for 2 weeks and I want her to come to Holland for vacation' type. Always pissed me off that my wife and I were treated exactly the same (i.e. like shit) as those 'couples'.

Sanuk!

Hi,

1999 IIRC, and I think it was Schengen already at that point.

2nd trip was end of 2000.

No idea, but the Netherlands Embassy was usually full when we went to get a visa, and plenty of the couples were of 'we met in Pattaya for 2 weeks and I want her to come to Holland for vacation' type. Always pissed me off that my wife and I were treated exactly the same (i.e. like shit) as those 'couples'.

Sanuk!

So, I must become Dutch for to import a TG. blink.gif

Archived