Blank Pages In My Passport

gobbledonk

it's always up to the immigration officer! some ignore and accept, some not...

i would tear out the empty pages to be on the safe side

OK, now I know you are just winding us up, but that's really irresponsible advice for anyone else reading this thread. Forget Thailand - any unauthorised modification to a passport is a red flag to every passport control officer on the planet. I wouldnt even want a coffee stain on mine, but if it happened I would make no attempt to 'clean' it. With all the electronics they have in place now, it shouldn't be such a big deal, but I still treat that particular document with respect.

We had a spat with Israel a few years ago when Mossad despatched a team to kill some of their (many) enemies several years back, and tried to cover their tracks by giving them Australian passports. Whatever the electronic 'thumbprint' is in the middle of my passport, its clearly not infallible - the last thing I need is to be sitting at KLIA while someone tries to establish my 'real' identity after my passport failed to pass muster ....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a proper cut will not draw their attention. Or do you think they will check whether all page numbers are consecutive!

and the removed pages are BEFORE the latest consecutive stamps

still better than to have an empty page in the middle of stamped pages! they will assume that you used some high tech methods to remove the entries and will then for sure assume that you have to hide something!

No, you tear yours out, then if you get a "not to be readmitted" stamp at Thai immigration, try tearing that out and see if you get back in.

Edit: You could try asking her about it.

A young Englishwoman was thrown into a squalid Thai jail cell and threatened with deportation, just because a page was missing from her passport.

Francesca Salt, from Chesterfield, Derbyshire, was held for 30 hours in an immigration detention centre, where she was forced to bribe guards for food.

'It was horrific,' said Miss Salt. 'I had to finance my stay in a "cell" I shared with immigrants of all countries of both sexes, and the corruption was shocking.'

I had to pay the guards for something to eat as the food offered was inedible.'

Miss Salt, 22, had been working in Thailand as an English teacher when, as she returned from a fortnight trip to Indonesia, she was stopped by immigration.

When officers found a page of her passport missing, they frog-marched her to an overcrowded, mixed cell in the airport's detention centre.

'I was held in the retention centre with other would-be immigrants, where I was searched and left for 30 hours,' Miss Salt told the Daily Mail.

Despite the best efforts of her family to get her out, Ms Salt was told that she would be deported back to Indonesia and jailed there for at least two weeks.

There her family would be expected to pay for a translator and local lawyer.

It was only after her mother contacted the company she had been working for, and help from officials from Emirates, the Dubai-owned airline, that Miss Salt was released from detention.

But it was not the end of her indignity. Gloating Thai officials marched her straight through the airport to catch a flight back to the UK.

'Without that help, I would no doubt have been flown to Indonesia where I would now be locked up,' said Miss Salt.

'I was treated as a criminal without a voice. People don't realise the severity of the law in Thailand.

'It spoiled the end of my trip - a wonderful experience otherwise - cost me a huge amount of money and made me suffer the [humiliation] of being marched through an airport with guards who were laughing at the state of my hysteria.'

http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20218

One from ThaiVisa,

Here's what happened to our daughter in 2002 when she arrived in Bangkok with a missing page in her passport. She was detained for 8 hours. She was slated to be sent back to the US on the next EVA flight. Only through the grace of God and a retired Army general who was our neighbor was she allowed to enter the country. She was 'accused of having a mutilated passport'. Finally, she was allowed to obtain an emergency passport from the US embassy the next day and continued on her vacation. Her 8 hours in the airport were harrowing to say the least.

I realize your situation is different, but from my daughter's experience, immigration does not take kindly to 'mutilated' passports.

Good luck in your case.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/426950-missing-page-in-passport/

I'm wasting my time though, this guy will NEVER admit he's wrong.

Archived