Blank Pages In My Passport

gobbledonk

Having your stamps in a non-chronological order keeps certain people from figuring out where you have been going.

Would that be the same person who demanded to read every email between my sister and I because she became jealous of my *sister* ? The same person who thought it wise to ring every number in my phone and give them an on-the-spot assessment of her dicey grip on reality and willingness to use sharp implements ? The same person who caused a girl I had lined up for ST to literally run out of the apartment block when she saw her emerge from the pre-dawn shadows ?

Never again, friends, never again.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not agree with some guys that passports must not be used consecutively! those empty pages will bring you in serious troubles in LOS! usually the immigration officers in LOS are meticulously reading and examinating your passport page by page to see where you have been! prepare a good excuse!

Absolutely wrong, IME. I've had countries skip pages many times and had no issues with Thai immigration.

I do not agree with some guys that passports must not be used consecutively! those empty pages will bring you in serious troubles in LOS! usually the immigration officers in LOS are meticulously reading and examinating your passport page by page to see where you have been! prepare a good excuse!

Absolute rubbish! :shakehead

Being American (meaning I can get extra pages sewn into my passport), I’ve got a LOT of blank pages left over. In fact just before the US Embassy changed it from a “free service†to an $82US one here in Bangkok I had TWO new sections sewn in. The general “rule†is you can ONLY get three supplemental sections added to a passport before you hafta apply for a new one.

There are visas from MANY countries stamped willy-nilly around the original pages, a few on the first section of sewn pages I had added years ago, and NOTHING at all on the two additional sets of ‘new pages’ (which are sewn into the middle of the passport!!).

FWIW: Despite what people are saying; Thai Immigrations doesn’t care one iota if you use pages in your passport consecutively or not.

Before I had extra pages added I had post-its written in Thai stuck to my blank pages which said; “This page reserved for visas from other countriesâ€. I did this just so Thai Immigrations and Passport Control would put their entry stamp on an existing page rather than deciding their stamp looked best smack dab in the middle of a blank page :censored: .

My retirement extensions of stay, re-entry permits, etc are NOT in sequential order, page by page, nor were my education visa extension stamps before I retired. Yet, I’ve never had a single Thai remark about anything but the “thickness†of the passport. I ALWAYS have the passport open to the current “extension of stay stamp†when I hand it over (to stop them fumbling around mostly). ..

I will agree tearing pages OUT of your passport is about the most asinine advice I've ever read on an anonymous internet forum in a long while. :p

I think this could be a nominee for 'dumbest post of the year'. .. :banghead:

Archived