Adriano Picks Up Four Girls, Shoots One.

Julian2

Ex-Inter star 'accidentally shoots woman'

Brazilian striker Adriano accidentally shot a woman inside his car with a gun belonging to his bodyguard, it has been claimed

Adriene Cyrilo Pinto, 20, was wounded in her left hand and required surgery after the incident outside a Rio de Janeiro nightclub.

Ex-Inter Milan ace Adriano, 29, was reportedly leaving a party with four young women at a music club in the early hours.

His victim told police the footballer was fooling around with his bodyguard’s .44 calibre pistol in the back seat of his BMW when it accidentally went off.

Rio police sergeant Amilton Dias said the footballer had taken out the gun’s magazine and was showing off to the women, who he was taking back to his home, but didn t realise there was still a bullet lodged inside the barrel.

He said: “The player Adriano, with the gun in his hand, stupidly waved the firearm in the direction of the passengers. That’s when the shot was discharged accidentally.â€

He added that the player called an ambulance but did not hand himself into police.

Two of the other women who were in the car, both aged 28, later contested Ms Pinto’s version of events, claiming she had shot herself in the hand in a deliberate attempt to attract publicity.

Adriano - full name Adriano Leite Ribeiro - spent Christmas Eve being interrogated by police.

He insists that he was sitting in the front passenger seat of the car and never touched the gun, which the bodyguard had placed underneath the driver’s seat.

Police said on Christmas Day that tests had been carried out on the hands of both Adriano and Ms Pinto to determine who had been holding the gun, and results would be ready in eight days.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Adriano-held-by-police-after-woman-is-accidentally-shot-in-his-car-article846172.html

He was a phenominal player at one time. Sometimes unstoppable. Then went off the rails. This often happens to Brazilian players who move to Europe. The money, women, fame. They often can't handle it. Often times come from the poor favelas in Brazil and unprepared for the big time.

Anyway, back to the story. Some folks don't respect guns. I do. I've never shown it off or let guests know its in the house. The only person(s) who will know I have a gun is an intruder and I hope and pray for both our sakes that never happens.

4 girls? Hmmm...I'm doing the math.

My mother told me about the time when she was a child and a dinner guest fired a tear gas cartridge in the room "just for fun". She said my grandfather was ready to beat the crap out of him, until grandma calmed him down - and granddad was a big lug from Norfolk. (My mother says she'd seen him put a man on the ground with a swat of his open hand.)

I've still got the tear gas dispenser with one round left. Apparently, it was something women carried in the 1920s and '30s in Prohibition era Chicago. :p

Archived