Have A Happy And Posperous New Year!

Flashermac

Thanks Flash - the great thing about predicting the end of the world-as-we-know-it is that, eventually, you will be proved right. A few years back, we had a furore when one of the climate change skeptics from Sweden came out and declared that the future would be wonderful, and that science held the answers to all the challenges we currently face. What stunned me was the vehemence with which he was attacked for, basically, being an optimist. That, and the fact that his research was being funded by nasty industrial types ;)

As David Suzuki said in the midst of GFC Mk I, 'We claim we cant fix the economy, and that is something that man invented. How much bigger a problem would it be to fix something we didn't invent, like photosynthesis ?'. Fortunately, I dont think the Greeks have their fingers on that particular trigger.

The sceptics are quite amusing... first there was no climate change, then there could be but man wasn't responsible and now man could be but they can fix it.

The "scientists" who work for them should be selling their arses down on Sukhumvit road, they would have less problem explaining to their kids what they did for a living.

And another thing!!!

Guess who's going to have to fix it?

The scum who's been pumping their filth into the air for the last 200 years?

:lol:

I just read the entire rant, having only skimmed the 'doom and gloom' sections - this is anti-Semitism masquerading as economic forecasting. If you read enough of this, its not hard to see this guy in a taxi with Mel Gibson, each agreeing with the other that the Jews are responsible for pretty much everything from the state of the economy to US foreign policy. He must be a huge hit in Damascus and Tehran - I sleep a little easier knowing that men like this are looking out for the rest of us .... :banghead:

Archived