Ramanda Encore

hooper

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had that crap before, not there, never stayed. How did you fix it? Just tell a double is a double not a twin? Did they try to push back or did you just get a yess sir? Couple of times at different places they apologized as the hotel was full and one place, think it was in Phuket years ago, along the beach right down the far end of Patong, I'd booked for three nights and got one of them free.

US$50 is pretty good, unless it's a copy of The Crown or some such. How was the place?

I've had that crap before, not there, never stayed. How did you fix it? Just tell a double is a double not a twin? Did they try to push back or did you just get a yess sir? Couple of times at different places they apologized as the hotel was full and one place, think it was in Phuket years ago, along the beach right down the far end of Patong, I'd booked for three nights and got one of them free.

US$50 is pretty good, unless it's a copy of The Crown or some such. How was the place?

Its actually one of the few times that i've gotten pissed off and caused a Thai to lose face. It was on the tail end of my 3 month trip around Thailand/Vietnam/Hong Kong so I had zero patience. I've actually had the old twin bed crap in a few places before and kind of let it go but this time i saw red because when checking in, the desk guy was a little surly (young guy) and he asked what bedding i wanted/had booked and I said double. That seemed to be fine and I get up to the room to find two twins pushed together and not even made up as a double. I pretty much went down and told him to fix it now. He was pretty rude and came around the counter trying to be confrontational until I stood up from the desk and he realised I was three times the size of him...he had to back off real quick in front of the other staff. I let him have it and told him to go get the manger in front of the other desk staff. There had been a few things leading up to this as well with the guy etc. Anyway, the manager apologised profusely and changed my room on the spot and made the guy go up and move my bags. Generally, I let most things go but I'd just had a long trip/week and this was my third time staying in the hotel and the only time I ever had an issue with the staff. Almost all of them were fantastic. It seems like sometimes hotels view Agoda guests as the bottom of the barrel and try to give you their worst room.

Anyway, the hotel is quite decent. The rooms are smallish but very comfortable with modern clean facilities and great bathrooms. The hotel itself has a rooftop pool and restaurant/bar. The place is fairly modern and reminds me of the Vibe hotels styling back in Australia. Very kitchy and up to date. Location is about a 4 min walk up the soi next to Chuvit gardens and has lolipops and a few other places tucked down a side soi. Its close enough to be easy walking distance to Nana but far enough to be out of the rubbish. Just be aware of the Indians pulling the lucky man scam around the park area.

Thanks for that. Quite a nice review and it sounds like a decent enough place even if you did get into it a bit with a twat of an employee, still they are everywhere.

You said before it was guest friendly so all in all would seem to be a reasonable option.

Guest friendly ? I heard they rent out the laundry as a ST room at night ! :clown:

LOL nothing would surprise me. Of a morning you can see the parade of girls picking their ID's up :)

I've actually stayed in a bunch of upmarket random hotels in BKK, places like the Davis. I should do some reviews on the site here for them.

Archived